What was the last film you watched?

What did you watch it on, mate?

Max (2002)

Quite an odd film about the ā€œWhat if Hitler had become an artist instead of a politicianā€ question - where in a young post-WW1 Hitler is a struggling artist in the streets of Munich where he befriends a Jewish bourgoisie art dealer who tries to encourage him to drop the politics and focus on the art.

Sounds quite a lot better than it is. John Cusack is John Cusack, but Noah Taylor who plays Hitler is quite brilliant.

Found it online

1 Like

Very good. Though expected a bit more from a film that received 6 Oscar noms.

1 Like

A pretty poor concept, messy, but still worth a watch in the end purely because of Colemanā€™s personality.

1 Like

Miss Violence (2013)

Deeply unsettling. Not a nice film.

Kind of sticks with you, though. Not sure if I should recommend it on that basis alone.

Big Ronnie , the gentle giant . Sadly now confined to a wheelchair and extreme back pain . What a physique. Love the guy

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™d say his personality is even bigger than his physique. Such a great man.
So sad to see him the way he walks nowadays, beeing in so much painā€¦

Didnā€™t know about the part of him being so good as an accountant in college bit struggling to get a job there and basically ending up in police because they required no experience and he loved it in the end. :+1: Trading pizzaā€™s for hamburgers etc :wright:

1 Like

Ronnie went for a 1000lb squat and his spine said ā€˜sorry Ron , thatā€™s ya lotā€™
Such a soft spoken man . He looked like a mountain when in his police uniform.
As a by the way -Thereā€™s some great Dorian Yates interviews on YouTube.
I met Dorian at a seminar in Birmingham, the term ā€˜fuck meā€™ doesnā€™t do it justice. Dorian was huge .

4 Likes

An English haunting.
Thought it was bloody awful tbh. Set in the 60s. A mother and her son come to stay with her dieing father in a mansion somewhere in England.
Visions in dreams and a recording on a recording machine lead the way.
Just became loose and detached as a plot and nothing edgy about it at all. 4/10

Sound of Metal.
Riz Ahmed brilliant performance depicting a rock drummer who goes deaf.
Ahmed character is thrown into the complete unknown and goes through a range of emotions. You can script emotions into a film but too make them become real you need a great actor.
Ahmed does that and more with his character.
Some people might find this film a bit drawn out Iā€™d guess but thatā€™s there loss.

2 Likes

Anyone seen Paddington 2? Itā€™s now the top rated film on Rotten Tomatoes

I watched it quite recently actually and can confirm it is better than Citizen Kane

4 Likes

Never seen it.

Yeah Peruvian finest pulled at the heart strings thinking back to his auntie.

I watched that Seaspiracy thing on Netflix. There is obvious idealogy in what the put into the final cut but there is still some surprising stuff in there and in fairness, when they said something they showed the source so I presume most of it was accurate.

Personally I stopped eating fish a long time ago but I think Iā€™d have been turned off anyway based on some of what they showed in this film.

1 Like

Riz Ahmed is a really talented dude. Crazy to think he played one of the idiots in 4 Lions - could never have guessed he had this kind of range.

As an aside, his speech on representation from a few years ago was outstanding. He isnā€™t afraid of speaking up about things. Comes across as a really good bloke.

Will deffo watch this.

1 Like

The Mitchells vs. the Machines was excellent. Havenā€™t laughed that much at a movie in a while. Great for all ages!

Always citizen Kane was award the best film because itā€™s filming techniques were ahead of its time. Not because it was a enjoyable film.

This past week I have watched

Mortal Kombat 5/10

Nobody 8/10
Christopher Lloyd scenes in this make it worthwhile watching

Tom Clancy without remorse 6/10

Awakening 8/10
Williams and de niro absolutely fantastic performance from them both.

Re-watched this bloody good flick. The ending is always shocking to me, even now, nearly 60 years after the fact. It must have been hugely anxious for those people in the cinemas back then - just 2 years after the Cuban missile crisis.

A couple Iā€™ve watched over the last few daysā€¦

Baby Driver. Really enjoyed it. Good story, good characters, great soundtrack and really stylish. Edgar Wright rarely disappoints.

Thunder Force. Itā€™s Melissa McCarthy, you know what to expect and itā€™s not a bad way to pass 90 minutes.

Everything Must Go. Will Ferrell living on a lawn and making friends with a kid. Better than it sounds.

2 Likes