What was the last film you watched?

He was in quite a bit of German cinema for years. It was like he was their only star and he was plundling along just looking for that big Hollywood break.

1 Like

Watched Soul on Disney+ and really enjoyed it. Sometimes it’s nice to watch a nice film. I found it to be quite visually arresting too.

3 Likes

Great intro to the film

2 Likes

Same as Christoph Waltz. Amazing actor stuck in Austrian and German cinema until he was discovered in Inglorious Bastards.

Same goes for Mads Mikkelsen as well.

1 Like

It’s such a lovely film.

Have you seen Coco? That’s equally as sweet.

Aye. I saw a couple of his films from Germany. One where he just pops up in a bit-part Doctor role and it took me a second to realise who he was. :joy:

Weird as heck to see him pop up in Horrible Bosses 2, though. Musta been a fair few Euros in that for him. :grimacing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Little Women.

Oh my goodness, what an incredible film. So heartwarming. Definitely cried a few times haha

1 Like

Fetch lads.

Is this post a joke?

1 Like

No why would it be a joke?

I genuinely thought it was amazing haha

Edit: I’m talking about the 2019 Greta Gerwig version if there are others

1 Like

This is why I asked if you were joking.

Have you genuinely never seen the original, or the TV series?

You must have at least read the classic book?

1 Like

Nope! Neither, I do want to read the book now though as the film has inspired me

Little Women was my favourite book as a child. I named my doll Beth. You are insulting British culture.

Edit: think the author was American actually :laughing:

2 Likes

Everything I know about Little Women in @Phoebica approved gif format.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, it’s a rule that when you read Little Women, you have to put the book in the freezer

1 Like

6 Likes

Well yeah it’s set during and after the American civil war :joy:

Well, whatever. It’s a classic, ok?

Read it, now!

1 Like

Watched this one last night and fucked loved it. Great film.