What was the last film you watched?

Why would you do this?

I’ve never seen any Rocky or Rambo.

I don’t think I’ve seen any Stallone films other than that one where he’s an ice cube that has VR headset sex and that one where he’s a prison escapologist

They didn’t used to show Rocky 1 much on telly when I was younger. The local video shop also only had movies from 1984 onwards

Escape to victory?

2 Likes

Nope he means escape plan. The first one is decent but escape plan 2 is absolute trash.

1 Like

That’s the one, found it surprisingly enjoyable

1 Like

Demolition Man - one of the great 90s action movies. I watched this when I was really young - I always remember the scene with the naked lady when he gets to his new apartment for the first time. Magic.

4 Likes

Was this not on the sanitised ITV version? I don’t remember this at all :joy:

Thinking back on Stallone, it’s almost like he had two careers. This wonderful actor, played beautifully realistically in Rocky (and in First Blood- the final scene is poignant and incredibly moving)

Then he became a muscular freak, just contesting with Arnie over and over again.

Gemini Man

Still to finish it after watching bits the last couple of nights. Seems alright but nothing more.

Tenet

Still not really sure what the film was about

1 Like

Inversion

Homeward Bound (1994)

Quality.

8/10

2 Likes

Marvel fans, I have Disney + now. I was going to work my way through the Marvel films. On the app, it gives you the films in “timeline order”. Is that the best way to watch them? Or should I be going by date order?

1 Like

Timeline order is best :grin:

2 Likes

I just finished watching in timeline order, seems like the best way to do it.

1 Like

Yeah I did figure that if Disney had given me that order it would be the best way, but wanted to check :grin: But if they want me to start with Chris Evans, who am I to complain? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was so ready to be meh about Captain America but I really ended up liking him and his films as much or more than the others. Winter Soldier is one of the best films out of all 79 of them.

Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ava.

Not that good.

5/10

On Amazon Prime, I just watched “We Still Kill the Old Way”…2014 film about old fashioned English gangsters, sorting out the “yoof” culture / yobs of modern society.
Ian Ogilvy stars as an old fella out for revenge…As an old fella meself, I thought this was brilliant…well worth a watch…Loved it.

1 Like

It’s also got Frank Burnside from The Bill in it.

Good film.

There’s a sequel called ‘We still steal the Old Way’

1 Like