What was the last film you watched?

That’s it! Wicked film

(Don’t listen to @k1tsun3 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Sorry To Bother You

"Horse"shit

1/10

1 Like

:joy::rofl: one of the worst films I’ve seen in my life time. Not sure what kind of crack the supposed “critics” were smoking to have given this such high ratings.

Starts of promising but then quickly gallops its way Into manure territory. Gets weirder and weirder, doesn’t have any real direction and never gets reigned in just gets worse and worse, writers and producers fell foal of making anything remotely watchable in my opinion. Agree with you big Dave.

1/10

1 Like

I couldn’t have put it better myself.

They had all the tools to put together a masterpiece. An ensemble cast (Tessa Thompson, Omari Hardwick, Danny Glover), a decent storyline to start off, a good setting.

I’m trying to work out who would like it. It’s a stretch.

This is the day NetFlix died

1 Like

Good Boys

Literally a kids version of Superbad. A fun watch.

1 Like

Sorry To Bother You.

I really enjoyed it. Lakeith Stanfield was good in it, as he usually is. I liked David Cross and Patton Oswalt doing the “white voices” for him and Mr _ respectively. Tessa Thompson was charismatic in a role that was so so. Armie Hammer gave a good turn too as the hipster bro CEO of the controversial WorryFree Corporation.

It’s a totally surreal and absurdist satire thats intentionally very on the nose (main characters name is Cassius Greene lol), theres no subtlety to it and the director kinda beats you about the head with his point. Its definitely not for everyone and it does get weirder and weirder as the film goes on, but thats something I liked. I liked the twist too, which was appropriately fucking ridiculous given the film it was in.

If you go in expecting a conventional drama that’s nuanced and subtle in any regards you’ll be disappointed. If you like surreal satire and are up for a film that starts off weird and only gets fucking weirder, then I’d definitely recommend this. Not a classic but also not a waste of two hours by any stretch. Interested to see more from the director Boots Riley.

Yeah tried to work some horse puns in, but I’ll leave that to the master in future.

Sorry @JakeyBoy but when I saw this film last year I genuinely felt robbed of my time. Thought it would be a feel good comedy when I saw Terry Crews. I agree it’s a surreal satire/dark comedy type thing. Just don’t think they did it very well, apart from all the over the top weird shit there was way to much “woke signalling” for me.

1 Like

Haha yeah, I didn’t miss the puns, mate :wink: I should be grateful for your effort, though. Shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth.

Going back to the film- is it a political message about the treatment of underpaid workers where a capitalist state is resembling communism? Is it a blaxploitation film?

In the end, it’s neither. Zero rewatchability and I stand by the 1 out of 10.

That’s straight from the horse’s mouth.

1 Like

@BizzySignal

That was the quickest like you’ve ever given :joy:

No.wonder @Phoebica is well jel

:100: agree. Also Top notch puns as well there mate :rofl::joy:.

1 Like

Yeah @Phoebica needs to get funny to get those insta likes

1 Like

Err I’m hilarious. You lot are just too low brow to appreciate it.

1 Like

That I am :joy:

2 Likes

Says the person who thinks Friends > Seinfeld

To be fair, that opinion is mainly based on the fact I’ve never seen Seinfeld.

1 Like

I feld like you could at least have watched one episode.

Maybe it’s a Sein that we shouldn’t be Friends any more.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what else to say, but it sounds like that’s on you :grin:

1 Like

Rocky

(For the umpteenth time)

Damn, it’s good.

9/10

1 Like

I’ve never seen it

runs and hides

It’s good. If you’re going to watch all of them, watch it from the first one (as daft as it sounds)

Reason being, I watched from Rocky 4 backwards. I expected so much more of Rocky 1 as a kid.

It actually transcends boxing. So much more than just a plain sports movie.

When you read the trivia, too, and the fact that Stallone had to move heaven and earth to get it over the line, it just adds to the gritty excellence.

1 Like