What was the last film you watched?

Hell or High Water

8/10

Two brothers go round robbing banks in West Texas till the law catches up with them.
Really good watch. Love the setting and music too.

3 Likes

Such a sick film, Iā€™ve got a real hard on for all these contemporary neo noir westerns.

Hell or High Water, Sicario, Sicario: Soldado, No Country For Old Men, Wind River.

If you liked Hell or High Water and Sicario, youā€™ll like Wind River. Taylor Sheridan is behind all three of them. Great writer/director, one of my favourites.

4 Likes

Yeah, I really like the direction westerns have gone now. Itā€™s no longer Clint Eastwood rocking up and causing a ruckus. They seem to have a moral undertone or a political message.

This one was all about the morally redundant banks

3 Likes

Eh I watched them in release order but really you could do it either way.

1 Like

Dark Waters

Absolutely bewildered atm.
DuPont & other chemical companies may have contaminated the whole of living species on earth and we donā€™t have any clue of the extent of the damage.

No wonder new cancer cases increase year on year

1 Like

Iā€™ve had it on my radar for a while. So are you recommending it, it isnā€™t very clear.

Highly recommend it to everyone to watch.
Watch it asap and throw away your pans

2 Likes

Watched the sequel tonight, again a very good film, not as good as the first, but still very entertainingā€¦Also looks like a third is on its wayā€¦Should be worth watchingā€¦

1 Like

John Wick 3. 4/10

Action scenes werenā€™t as good apart from a particular one.

It ended up crawling up it own arse with all the mythological world building, meant to seem cool I guess, but just seemed dumb. Markers and tickets and elder and whatever shite.

The first 2 were quality, but did not rate this one at all.

I was nearly going to unleash on you there, I thought you rated the first John Wick 3.4/10.
But yeh the sequels arenā€™t great, the first was a standalone classic but the exterior world building would make more sense in a TV show where it could be fleshed out more.

I thought John wick 2 was pretty good too, the action scenes were still good too. John Wick 2 was probably my favourite.

It was my least favourite weirdly, I actually thought 3 was less boring.

I think the plot points in 2 did start getting stupid with all the rules.

But Common was a better antagonist than the weird Japanese guy.

Also Halle Berry makes for a shitty Arab lol.

2 Likes

Yeh man Common was good, I quite liked him and Reeveā€™s playing off each other a bit in the film. Tbh the cast is fantastic throughout the franchise, itā€™s just like you say a little convoluted at times. The ending of 2 was pretty cool though with the countdown.

1 Like

Just finished watching it. Started earlier today, watched about an hour of itā€¦ it got too boring, made break thereā€¦ and just finished the whole thing. Got better after that hour, just to slow down again.
Worth a watch in the end. Good but not great. Although the general theme of the film is much more important the the quality of the film itself, it makes you think definitelyā€¦

To how many other chemicals and other potentially harmful stuff are we exposed to (or we consume it) in our everyday lives, but the companies arenā€™t exposing it (for obvious reasons) and no one else bothers to go into the stuff deep enough?

Iā€™m never using a frying pan again thatā€™s for sure!

1 Like

Way too many instances like these.

Hereā€™s another

We are at mercy of these organizations.

1 Like

Godfather is on BBC 2 right now. Canā€™t stop myself from watching it, finishes at 1am. Going to be a little slow at work tomorrow morning but fuck it

1 Like

Dark Waters
Absolutely brilliant and important piece of film. Teflon really lives up to itā€™s non stick advertising here through the Du pont company. Horrible world this. 9/10

1 Like

Just watched Weā€™re The Millers.

Much better than I thought it would be. Really enjoyed it :joy:

3 Likes

yeah this is a decent film tbh, watched it a couple of years ago