What was the last film you watched?

Watched The Spy Who Loved Me for the first time in a long time. Agent XXX :joy:

Proper super villain and villain lair, and I love that submarine Lotus. And Jawsā€™ first outing!

Very enjoyable.

1 Like

They do say thatā€™s Roger Mooreā€™s best one, but I canā€™t look past Live and Let Die or The Man With the Golden Gun, personally

3 Likes

Trial of the Chicago 7.
Really enjoyed this true account of 68 anti war demonstration.
Did wonder having watched it what sort of artistic liberty might have been taken. Unbelievable doesnā€™t look like much. Some great acting and 2 hours flew in.

@k1tsun3 think youā€™d get something out of it for sure.

4 Likes

The judge was a real cunt.

Good acting that. He was though.

They do and it was his first one.

Pretty silly but I loved it.

Some great hair in that film too.

1 Like

Just watching On Her Majestyā€™s Secret Service now @DavidHillier

Great film as well, so stylish, and Diana Rigg is a wonderful Bond girl.

Also Joanna Lumley is in it!!!

2 Likes

OHMSS had a wonderful musical score.

Diana Rigg is a wonderful Bond girl. @giner described her perfectly as ā€œthe thinking manā€™s crumpetā€ in the RIP thread

Telly Savalas is a malevolent Blofeld. The role was made for him

2 Likes

Yes absolutely - the score was spot on. Louis Armstrong I mean come onā€¦ even the Bond theme was used perfectly.

The alpine ski visuals were superb as well and the film itself was the perfect mix of Sean Connery masculinity and the campiness of Roger Moore. The scene with Bond and the girls having dinner is hilarious as they all think heā€™s gay but you can still take the rest of the film seriously.

Awesome villainā€™s lair as well. What an ending. Shame Lazenby was only Bond for one film, heā€™d have deserved 2-3 or at least.

2 Likes

I do often wonder how Lazenby would have fared with a few more Bond films under his belt. I donā€™t understand why Connery left after You Only Live twice only to come back for Diamonds are Forever. (So OHMSS was sandwiched in between)

If you thought this had its campy moments, you wanna watch Diamonds are Forever!

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s weird as Connery left because he didnā€™t want to be typecast.

I think Lazenby would have been perfect to carry the chalice after Connery. He was so good.

Iā€™m currently working my way through all the bond movies for the first time since I was a kid in the 90s! Iā€™m not following a specific order - just watching whoever I feel like. A Moore movie here, a Dalton film there etc.

Iā€™m enjoying them all equally, although Iā€™ll say that the fight choreography in OHMSS was the best of the old Bonds by far. The fights in A Spy Who Loved Me was laughable :joy:

2 Likes

You should see the fights in You Only Live twice. Connery fights the Rockā€™s grandad (yes, that Rock) and uses a couch to beat him up!

Iā€™ve read the book to that. Faithful to the text? Ian Fleming would be turning in his grave!

The first Bond film they took on after the books was Licence to Kill. I actually really liked this one. It really just felt like an unadultered 80s action flick. Great movie.

1 Like

Yes! Agreed! Thatā€™s what got me into my Bond binge at the moment. It happened to be on Danish tv randomly and my mum and I watched it and enjoyed it so much!

Felt more like an 80s American cop show like Miami Vice or something than a Bond film but it worked so well. I really think Timothy Dalton was a good Bond. He was Daniel Craigā€™s Bond before Daniel Craig. Serious, dark, gritty, no campiness.

God I love Bond.

1 Like

100% spot on.

Goodness, at times like this, I miss @Persona

Heā€™s awesome to talk to about all things Bond

1 Like

Same! Where did you go @Persona?! :sob:

Iā€™m gonna watch some more of the Brosnan bonds. I loved Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies. The World Is Not Enough is passable but Die Another Day was absolute shocking.

2 Likes

The only Bond film I havenā€™t ever seen and I, proudly, donā€™t think I ever will

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s dreadful. Really awful. Fucking Madonna as well.

1 Like

Lemmy the movie
Irrelevant bollocks. Loved it.

Richard Jewell.

Brilliantly poignant film.

I think Clint Eastwood has become my favourite director.

1 Like