What was the last film you watched?

I liked it, too though mainly because I man crush hard on Charlie H.

You couldn’t lift a wheel of cheese you cunt.

2 Likes

Watched Thor Ragnarok yesterday, probably my favourite of all the MCU so far. Chris Hemsworth shows he’s got great comic timing and delivery, he carries the whole film effortlessly. Jeff Goldblum was an absolute delight too. Definitely the standard these Marvel films should aspire too.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Thor: Love and Thunder, which is also directed by Taika Waititi.

Apparently Natalie Portman is back in it and plays female Thor after he loses his powers. Or at least that’s what the rumours are.

1 Like

Just watched Borat 2 yesterday, fucking hell that was funny.

Not as good as the first one, obviously, but still fantastic and his little sidekick in it was INCREDIBLE. She went hard and totally stole the show.

This was less of a Borat film and more of a Tutar film.

2 Likes

Thor Rag and the Guardian films are in a league of the own, perfect blends of comedy, action and drama. I rewatch them loads. The other Marvel stuff is a bit of a dumpster fire though.

2 Likes

The only other films that come close are the Ant Man flicks. Paul Rudd makes a great reluctant hero.

1 Like

Venom?

Deserves a shout.

I thought they were just ok, not quite as effortlessly funny though. I did enjoy the cast. I’m really annoyed that Marvel and Netflix’s Daredevil franchise went in the shitter, I thought that was going to be a salvation for adult comic book fans.

Outside stuff like The Boys I’m so burnt out on the genre as a whole if I’m honest.

It’s in the MCU as far as I’m aware, though it’s considered the ugly step sister and is basically ignored, but I really like Ed Norton’s Hulk film. Norton is a fantastic actor and I actually really bought into and empathised with his Bruce Banner. I loved Tim Roth as Abomination too, he’s another actor I really rate (though not as highly as Norton)

It’s probably an unpopular opinion cos people love Ruffalo (I do like him too don’t get me wrong), but I am really disappointed that Ed Norton didn’t continue in the role.

The Incredible Hulk is one of the very best MCU films after Thor Ragnarok and Guardians, fight me.

I’m sad there’s no more Punisher.

Can’t overstate how much I enjoyed Jon Bernthal in that. I’d love to see him playing that role again in some form.

1 Like

I also think Norton’s Hulk is better, I find Ruffalo a real plain Jane actor. I think this new reboot started ok but their are some genuine stinkers in it’s long and over stretched out saga. Most of the movies aren’t even that good on reflection, just some like Guardians, Thor 3, Cap 2 and perhaps the first Avengers when Whedon directed.

Honestly all my favourite Marvel films are from bygone eras.

Spiderman 2 isn’t just one of my favourite comic book films but one of my favourite movies of all time.

Also yeh man the Punisher and some of Daredevil was absolutely elite TV, once again they spread themselves too thin with supporting arcs like Jessica Jone, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, when they would have been better making them supporting cast on main shows like Daredevil and The Punisher. Like everything to do with comic book films or in this case TV, greed destroyed a great franchise.

5 Likes

The Godfather Part 2. It’s been a few years, it’s time for a rewatch.

Currently watching “The Visit”

Definitely a tense movie with a good twist.

1 Like

Yeah has it’s moments that one.

Is that the one where the kids go to visit their grandparents?

3 Likes

Mad Max: Fury Road

Hadn’t watched this since it just came out and it popped up on my Netflix feed so rewatched it. What a banging film this is. Cinematography, setting, acting, the bad-ass costumes and rig builds. Can see why it received 6 Oscars. Looking forward to the sequel!

This scene

2 Likes

Fantastic film. One of the films I’ve watched in the cinema in the last few years and truly enjoyed. (X plus screen in Showcase)

Is there actually a sequel coming out?

I honestly found that film really boring. Don’t worry, I’ve long since accepted that the fault lies with me and not the film, because nobody has ever agreed with me when I’ve expressed this opinion lol

3 Likes

There will be a sequel with Tom Hardy but it has no release date yet.

There will also be a spin-off based on the Furiosa (Charlize Theron) character. Also without a release date.

2 Likes

I had a “I thought it was shite” post half typed but deleted it cos like you say everyone loves it and I didn’t want the public ridicule. But now I have an ally I am emboldened.

In summary, I thought it was shite.

3 Likes