What was the last film you watched?

Fantastic poster though!

I’ll say he’s made some absolute dog shit the last 10 years but a couple of his Netflix films, usually with David Spade have been pretty enjoyable if not cheesy and predictable.

I saw the trailer for this though and it does look awful.

That’s what he promised if he didn’t win a Oscar for uncut gems

1 Like

What, that he’ll just go back to making shit 95% of the time?

2 Likes

Just watched Game Night on prime. Really enjoyed it. A great Saturday night film :joy: Love these type of American comedy films

1 Like

Con Air was on tv recently. That movie is fanfuckingtastic. Nic Cage’s wig by itself is a reason to watch that movie. The cast is stacked and it absolutely does not hold up in any way which makes is all the more enjoyable.

3 Likes

Good analysis of how and why Adam Sandler sucks on purpose.

1 Like

It’s funny because I took out 30 minutes at the beginning of the COVID lock down to thumbs down everyone of his films I could find, yet yesterday Netflix decided they want to troll me and send me an emailing saying that there is an Adam Sandler film I might like. WTF do these ratings system mean nothing?

5 Likes

:joy:

That’s dedication to the cause!

I’m with you though, sometimes I think Netflix doesn’t know me at all. All that time we spend together and then it thinks I’ll be interested in watching shit like Mickey Blue Eyes!

4 Likes

Lol Exactly. I’ve had Netflix since the beginning I must of giving low ratings then thumbs downs to hundreds of films and programmes, yet the same crap keeps popping back up.

1 Like

The Trial of the Chicago 7.

Wow! Aaron Sorkin is an absolute genius.

All star cast. Highly, highly recommend.

1 Like

What’s that on? Netflix?

Yep

1 Like

Seriously I’ve never heard about this case before. I’m down a wikipedia hole I might not emerge from for days

@Joshua i know you don’t take meetings with the fucking AG but the system just seems so corrupt looking at this story from 50 years ago…is it better? Like, really better?

No. The system is not better. If anything we’re more aware of how broken the system is. It’s also hard to understate the amount of damage done to institutions like the DOJ over the last four years. It might take generations to restore public trust in it.

2 Likes

Uncut Gems will catch you off guard then if you haven’t already seen it. Not your typical Sandler role :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, agreed, very good film.

I watched The Gentlemen yesterday. Shit film.

Drawn out, unfunny dialogue, unlikeable characters all the way through and the retroactive storytelling gets tiresome.

Hugh Grant did well, I can see why he’s getting plaudits for this role.

2/10

1 Like

Tried to watch it a few months ago, couldn’t push myself past the first 10-15 minutes… :grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah, mate, wouldn’t bother.

I wanted to like it. A number of people have said it’s good. I just couldn’t see the attraction.

As I said in a previous post, British films need a rethink. This film was, essentially, a rehash of Snatch.

1 Like

Well…fuck.

The Gentleman.

Very good enjoyed it. Great Sunday night viewing also an unexpected cameo from The Emirates haha

5 Likes