What was the last film you watched?

Haha no action :rofl:

It’s not the best Leo film, but it’s good, I enjoyed it. Though, what I will say is you need to have some idea about Sharon Tate and Charles Manson to fully “get” it. I was OK because I love history and true crime and all that, but my friend said she was a little confused at times.

1 Like

I watched it yesterday. Agree with @Phoebica that it’s not Leo’s best work, but then Leo is dictated by the script. Even with such a vacuous story (the film is clearly a homage to Sharon Tate with a lot of filler), di Caprio does an almighty job. The way he decided, himself, to forget his lines while playing an actor and then improvising the ensuing meltdown scene in his caravan is masterful.

Featuring Seth Rogen & Charlize Theron. Thought it was very funny

1 Like

Such a shit actress, but such a beautiful woman. At least to me lol.

1 Like

Hell yeah :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I enjoyed it too. Must admit when it finished it did have a slight feeling of ‘What did I just watch?’ but I pretty much enjoyed every scene, even when some of them were ridiculously slow :laughing:. DiCaprio and Pitt are such great actors, I agree might not be their best films, but they’re so entertaining to watch.

The movie built up well to the night of the killing and I was fully expecting it to go according to real events, what actually happened was proper wtf :joy_cat: the flamethrower scene had me in stitches, especially the dialog with Jay afterwards. “I happened to have a flamethrower in my shed”. :arteta:

1 Like

Thought it was a great watch and Pitt stole it for me.
Really good ending and plenty of memorable scenes through out. I thought it was one of his best out of the nine but reckon others won’t. I’m going 9/10.

1 Like

Sunset Boulevard

1 Like

“I am big, it’s the pictures that got small.”

2 Likes

If I had one gripe, it’s that the end shouldn’t have been at the start. Suspensive syntax would have worked better.

Comparing the 2 films I’ve seen over the weekend, (once upon a time in Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard), the latter captured my attention and had me glued to the screen.

1 Like

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

What an absolutely great film, so nice to see something original that you didn’t know how would end in this time of sequels and franchises.

Loved every minute of it.

3 Likes

Saw it yesterday

I have no clue why they needed to stretch about the Margot Robbie bit.
Take out the whole 15-20 mins wasted on her and it wouldn’t have made a damn difference.

Tarantino took the creative liberty and did a ‘Better Call Saul’

The whole movie is about her lol

The movie literally rewrites history for her sake, and the idea is that that we see the bits with her and feel sad and upset for what’s inevitably coming and then the twist happens.

That’s literally the point of the movie, aside from Cliff Booth being the real cowboy and Rick Daltons path to redemption as a failed tv hero. That’s why the gates open at the end, he’s literally walking up in the Hollywood hills to become one of the elites.

1 Like

That should be Polanski, not Sharon Tate.

And even if the idea was to feel for Sharon, it did a damn poor job at it because I fucking didn’t care if she died.

Well then you’re clearly heartless

From what everyone who knew Tate says, Robbie’s portayal of Tate was wonderful

2 Likes

Ha just googled Sharon Tate and now I get the context.

Completely makes sense now.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense then hahaha sorry

Yeah can totally see your point if you didn’t know the context of the Manson family and their murders

1 Like

Funny thing is I spoiled the movie for my girlfriend (who enjoyed it) by stating my points.
Now that I shared the context(sent her the wiki of Sharon Tate), she can relate better.

The movie is great with this context in picture.
I love the 70s feel

@Cristo Spoiler your responses

1 Like

The OST for the film is amazing too, I’d recommend it!

3 Likes

Yeah I thought the music was a clever choice. Not just full on hippie music so
me quite subtle choices.