What are you watching?

Fleabag is not funny whatsoever. Maybe it’s a british thing.

1 Like

It’s basically a drama trying to pass itself off as a comedy.

It gets worse on repeated viewings. Fawlty Towers it ain’t

1 Like

The earlier stuff was good, with Tim Vine.

All this marriage and kids bollocks has ruined it.

2 Likes

Its not one I’ve ever gone out my way to watch, but when it’s on I’ll sometimes watch an episode. Lee Mack is a good gag man, there’s a decent one liner from him about every thirty seconds I swear

4 Likes

I’ve stayed with the transition into the family stuff and I still like it. :slight_smile:

Just watched the first ep.

Was pretty good! I liked how they captured the grim psyche of the world, where everyone is a bit of a cunt. And the gore is quality.

Stayed true to the books (Cintra bit was exactly how I imagined it from the books)

Cavill is brilliant as Geralt. I knew he would be :xhaka2:

The soundtrack is great. Proper Witcher feels.

Also the combat is better shot than most shows, keeps it raw, althought the choreography could maybe still improve a bit.

But, while they got Geralt spot on with eyes and everything, Ciri’s and Calanthe’s eyes HAVE to be green. it’s probably more important than Geralt’s cat eyes tbh!

Also, while I liked the first ep, I can see people who haven’t read the books being completely lost.

I kinda wished they’d started from the top to set the context for the world, but I hope that will follow on. Surprised they started with the Blaviken thing.

One other worry is the world. It’s so vibrant and picturesque in places and I hope they show that. It’s one of the best things about the universe they created. So I hope that grey filter isn’t there all the time.

1 Like

Just watched this and it was amazing.

Soundtrack, art style and aesthetic, characters and the story was top notch.

Original and self-aware. Brilliant.

9/10

4 Likes

I just binge watched all 3 seasons of GLOW on Netflix.

Such a good show, so easy to watch and feel good at the same time.

Marc Maron who plays Sam Sylvia in it is just wonderful, one of my favourite roles and characterisations in a very long time.

Does a lot for representing women and advocating tolerance and acceptance but in a non-lame preachy, holier than thou way.

Plus I love that whole 80s shtick and all the big hair and music and colourful costumes.

Great show!

3 Likes

It’s not a Cristo Monday Movie review but we’ll take it.

Totally agree too, it’s a great show for all the reasons you say.

2 Likes

Haha I’ve been too lazy recently, I’ll start doing some write ups on movies next week!

The Kominsky Method is worth a watch too. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. Its a Chuck Lorre creation but not…ya know…shite

My girlfriends dad was banging on about this when I mentioned how much I love Alan Atkins.

This might have to be my next show now that I’ve finished The Witcher and GLOW.

Has anyone been watching the so dreadful it’s kinda good programme that is The Masked Singer?

Watching for Rita Ora tbh :heart_eyes:

The show is ok aswell I suppose

That Chinese bloke is a fucking wanker on the panel.

Take ten minutes to have a wank and then just watch a decent television programme.

2 Likes

Yes! I am with you there. So so annoying.

1 Like

I don’t remember calling the TV police? :joy:

More like the wank police, who needs a full ten minutes.

3 Likes

Thought you were replying to JakeyBoys post there :joy::joy:

1 Like