What are you watching?

I started but didn’t finish the second series. It just didn’t hold my interest in the same way.

Channel 4 m8 :unai:

2 Likes

:pires2:

Cheers for the correction bruv.

1 Like

The Irishman. Acting was fantastic, it beat expectations. I think i had written it off when i heard about that cgi making everyone younger but it didn’t detract.

On the topic of films not needed to have to be watched in the cinema somewhere on here this is one of them. Its long.

@BigWeng_4LYFE @catowners

1 Like

Doddie Weir on SPOTY last night. Big man in everyway last night.:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Sticks and Stones on ITV

First episode is decent! Any one else watching?

Shit I missed it. Is there any way I can watch it from the start?

Does ITV have a +1? STV doesn’t

Yep. And there’s ITV player/hub. That’s probably too complicated for Dave, though :smile:

1 Like

Isn’t that ITV2?

2 Likes

:joy: no Dave. ITV +1 is ITV but an hour behind the original schedule. ie News at 10 is at 11

Yeah found it. Channel 203

1 Like

Lolololol

1 Like

I only watched the first half of this but it looked real good.

Is it going to be weekly episodic shows or can we binge-watch?

3 episodes. On last night tonight and Wednesday

Ahh love it when it’s like that. All that drawn out over weeks crap annoys me

1 Like

Anyone watched V Wars on Netflix?

Currently watching His Dark Materials on BBC iPlayer.

Pretty good so far, very high production value. Clearly had a massive budget, and close to the source material as well.

Started watching The Punisher on Netflix recently, on episode 10 (I think) of the first series.

It’s not up there with the genuine greats of television, obviously, but I’m really enjoying it so far, it’s bloody entertaining and it’s certainly drawn me in. Jon Bernthal is such a fucking badass, always felt he was basically the best thing about The Walking Dead (imo the shows decline truly began when he was no longer in it, he was that important to how good it was) and I hope his career continues to go from strength to strength, I find him to be a very charismatic screen presence when I see him in stuff.

I like that this show seems to provide a bit of a counter balance to nearly all of the other Marvel shit. It’s gritty, more grounded and so far doesn’t seem to have anyone with actual super powers in it, which appeals to me (as much, as I love superheroes generally)

Any other fans out there? And has anyone read any of the comics they’re based on? When it comes to comics (or graphic novels if I’m meant to pretend that there’s something shameful about grown men enjoying comic books) I’m quite into the Alan Moore/gritty DC stuff more than the more family friendly Marvel stuff (Spider-Man aside, who I’ve loved since say), but The Punisher looks like it could be up my street. Would be grateful for recommendations from any comic book nerds on OA.

1 Like