What are you watching?

If this is number 3 then what the fuck is two and one?!

This was the best show in 2019 by absolute miles

1 Like

I’m gonna take a total stab in the dark and propose the Attenborough show, due to the stark warnings about environmental concerns being deemed worthy and important.

Every chance that has already featured in the top fifty but I just don’t know cos I haven’t followed their countdown lol

1 Like

Has Fleabag been on the list yet?

I’ve been meaning to watch Punisher, Jakey, but I always pick something else over it and I’m not sure why haha.

1 Like

I was thinking Fleabag too haha, but then wasn’t sure if that was 2019. It’s been so hyped up and praised that I’m not watching it simply cos I’m a contrarian, when everyone tells me I should be watching something I instinctively want to not watch it lol.

@SpankyJoyJoy I think you’ll like The Punisher, it’s good fun and full of action and violence but also isn’t too demanding, you can pretty much disengage your brain and just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

1 Like

if anyone is interested

1 Like

The capture, line of duty and Stranger things being that low makes me sad. What we do in the shadows was great so fair play.

Safe to say Fleabag will be top 2, and jakeys shout with an environmental piece is a good one as I cant see anything missed.

Edit: I haven’t seen The Boys on the list? Maybe that’s top 2

3 Likes

@SpankyJoyJoy neither Fleabag nor Attenborough mentioned yet, bet we’ve nailed it lol.

Particularly enjoyed Top Boy and Derry Girls from that list to name a couple.

1 Like

Is Fleabag that comedy with that women?

I tired that and it was so horrendously unfunny. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah haha I loved it

@JakeyBoy I’m changing it. Fleabag number 2 The Boys number 1

I don’t feel like The Boys is something that The Guardian are gonna rate as one of the very best of the year haha, above everything else and those two we mentioned. I loved it though, great show.

Mine is more of a long shot, Fleabag is 100% getting mentioned lol

2 Likes

What is the boys? Hear a lot of people talk about it.

It’s a super hero show with a twist (not a plot twist, I haven’t spoilered anyone), the superheroes are basically awful people and aren’t necessarily out there fighting for what is right and what is good, but instead often for corporate interests.

It’s really gorey and intentionally rude and outrageous. IMO, an excellent and incredibly fun show, hard recommend. Use that Amazon Prime free membership taken out this month for the footy and entertain yoself with this corker of a show.

7 Likes

Have you watched season 2 of Daredevil where they introduce the Punisher?

I haven’t, cos I’ve always found Daredevil to be a bit lame, probably cos of Affleck and Co stinking the place out in that awful film (though I found some amusement in Farrell chewing every inch of scenery hahah)

They keep referencing the previous acts of “The Punisher” in the show, when he’s on a rampage and takes revenge (basically everything that happened before the show The Punisher begins), is that all in Daredevil?! Cos if so I’m gonna watch me that shit.

Is that also why I feel like I’m meant to already understand the nature of his relationship with the blonde female journalist?

Fucking Marvel, should have know half the story had probably been told already in a different show or film. Annoying fucks that they can be.

Yeh man essentially the first half of Daredevil season 2 is where the Punisher is introduced and it’s insanely gritty - perhaps the strongest sequence in all of these Netflix Marvel adaptions, even better than his standalone show.

You don’t necessarily need to have seen it but if you like the vibe of The Punisher you’ll enjoy it, you could start it now or go back to it without really losing much. Daredevil and The Punisher are much in the same though, all that other shite like Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist falls by the wayside in contrast.

And yes as you say the absolute goddess that is Deborah Ann Woll is a mainstay in Daredevil and has great scene time with Bernthal, I’d recommend Daredevil for her alone. She was like the only reason I stuck with True Blood towards the end.

2 Likes

What about Luke Cage? That’s very tentatively been half on my watch list for a while, but I feel like it may very well be pretty fucking shit.

Much like Iron Fist sometimes it’s cool an enjoyable other times its really cringe-worthy and you feel embarrassed for a talented cast. Honestly you should watch them all and the Defenders as they all go hand in hand. but for me they overextended their reach with all these shows and subsequently the quality drops. The other shows seems to have really watered down 12a action and lazy, poorly choreographed fights.

Daredevil is obviously the favoured child and the script, action and cast are just so much better than all the rest, I guess the fact that the Punisher is probably the 2nd best after it is testament to how good Daredevil is compared to the others. Some talk The Punisher might be coming back which would be amazing.

But yeh give them all ago if you like having something on in the background while you’re playing on your phone, travelling etc.

1 Like

Cheers mate. Sounds like I’ll watch Daredevil then if it’s as good or better than The Punisher, definitely the second series anyway. Your description of lame 12a fight scenes kinda confirms why I haven’t watched those other ones yet, and why I still won’t.

Kristen Ritter isn’t my typical type at all but I do think she’s really hot, but I don’t think that’s reason enough to sit through Jessica Jones lol, even if my gf likes it and assures me it’s quite good. She’s very funny in Dont Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, as is James van der Beek playing a fictional version of himself. Bit hit and miss and aimed more at a female audience that one, but has some really funny moments, could be worth a go for some of you.

1 Like

Seen Don’t Forget The Driver, Prince Andrew suicide interview & This Time With Alan Partridge.

Don’t watch telly really.

@DavidHillier man this show makes me anxious as fuck. The mental torture this guy gets. Absolutely brilliant writing