What are you watching?

@Calum were you the one saying watch “City on a Hill”?

Have a vague recollection of you posting somerhing along those lines (forgive me if not!)

I don’t know :joy: but I did watch the first three episodes a few weeks ago but haven’t had a chance to go back to it yet haha thought it was decent.

Watched ‘Dolemite is My Name’ on Netflix last night. Fantastic biopic about Rudy Ray Moore, the brains behind Dolemite. Murphy returns to his filthy roots. It made me a bit nostalgic. Almost turned it off after about 15 minutes, really glad the Mrs wanted to finish it.

1 Like

Yeah I watched that too, thought it was pretty good. Wasn’t quite gonna turn it off but also thought it made a shaky start, particularly when Snoop Dogg popped up right away, seemed like it was possibly going to be a bit shit.

Have you seen Black Dynamite? You sound like a fan of the blaxploitation genre so I think you’d probably find it to be pretty hilarious. It’s a spoof/satire done with a healthy amount of love and reverence for the genre.

Kung Fu Island and Dr. Wu :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought I told you honkies from the CIA that Black Dynamite was out of the game!

1 Like

The semi-sequel is just as funny.

Not sure I know it?!

That’s part of the reason I almost turned it off, that genre just isn’t my thing. But I really liked Rudy Ray’s story so I’m glad I hung in there.

1 Like

Yeah I shouldn’t say it’ll be just as funny, because all I’m going by are clips and trailers.

And it’s not really a sequel per se, rather a blaxpoitation film set in a Western, but done by the same team that did Black Dynamite. A spiritual successor so to speak.

ed - Oh yeah, it’s called The Outlaw Johnny Black.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up man :+1:

Yeah, watched Dolemite too, and was going to turn it off at the beginning if it wasn’t for the funk music, turned out to be a decent watch, gotta love Eddie Murphy.

I particularly enjoyed Wesley Snipes’ turn in it

1 Like

Yes mate, forgot to mention him, definitely a standout.

How long it’s gonna take? Another 6 years? ;D

Started watching Sopranos again last week. Might be done with the whole show before you finish season 1.

1 Like

Anybody seen His Dark Materials first episode? Any good?

I’d tentatively say I thought it would was quite good. I need to see where they take it from here, but they’ve made a decent start. Worth a watch

1 Like

Started with the first season yesterday, seems very intriguing.

Just got round to watching Chernobyl, absolutely deserves however many Emmys it received. I like how the different episodes carry a different focus as well, with the miners, conscripts etc.

Best thing Sky Atlantic have carried for sure

5 Likes

The Affair was better. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: