What are you watching?

Absolute fool, I’ve literally never met a fan of The Wire who didn’t think series 5 was the worst of all of them

Finish the season and come back and tell me it wasn’t easily the worst bro

2 Likes

Friday Night Jakey :giroud2:

Will do, bud

2 Likes

Friday Night me but you can bet I’ll stand by it tomorrow, Sunday or any other day of the week.

You’re a man of honour so once you’re done you’ll be back to let me know how right I was.

1 Like

I thought people found 2 the worst? :thinking:

(I’m still trying to work out who bloody Nerese is)

I know some idiots didn’t like it because it seemed to shift focus away from the black gangland drug dealing and examine white working class life around the docks (and all the associated crime, of course).

But I actually think those people area bit dim lol, because many correctly regard 2 to be one of the best.

I loved season 2.

Season 5 has had some bad press (see what I did there?) but it’s still better than some of the crap on telly out there.

I thought season 4 was overrated but still very good.

All in all, seasons of the wire are like matches on Tinder. You end up loving them all

2 Likes

Ahhh. I still don’t actually remember her, lol.

Tommy Carcetti was the man, though

The Boys on Amazon. Fantastic Show, bloody and funny to boot and a nice turn on the Superhero genre. Karl Urban as Billy Butcher will his dodgy cockney accent is fantastic as is Antony Starr as Homelander, a Superman like Villain. Well worth checking out.

1 Like

Watched the 1st episode of the dark crystal series impressed so far Eithen enjoyed the Lord of the rings style opening of the episode.

Didn’t really like season 2 either after watching it for the first time and from what I’ve been reading there’s plenty of people out there who think the same. Only really after watching it a second time I started appreciating how good it was.
I guess the biggest difference to me was that I had more time to focus on the dialog and different characters and not so much on what is happening at any time. Also, Ziggy can be irritating at times.

@Electrifying hurry up. How long has it been now? 2 years?

1 Like

About to watch It: Chapter 2! :clown_face:

1 Like

The new season of Hop Hop Evolution on Netflix

Season 2 of Mindhunter and half way through Carnival Row on Amazon Prime.

1 Like

Apparently David Fincher is in the process of shooting a movie and it could be more than two years until S3. Fucking hell.

1 Like

@Castiel I finished The Boys on Friday night, started watching it after seeing you post about it.

That show was just so much fucking fun, honestly. Can’t wait for the second series.

3 Likes

Finished The Dark crystal TV series brilliant from start to finish recommended watch if you like the film or Jim Henson stuff

Just finished Carnval Row yesterday, so fucking good. I loved it! Amazing world building, and I thought Cara Celevigne was great in it.

@JakeyBoy - The Boys is sick, I fucking loved it as well. Best thing I’ve watched in a while.

3 Likes

FFS.

Damn it!!