What are you watching?

In some ways I enjoyed it more than GOT, obviously budget wise it can’t compete but I felt Viking’s story has a really natural flow to it up until the point that we’re introduced to the Ragnar’s sons then it begins to waver a little.

But Ragnar and Floki are every bit as engaging - and much more likable and charismatic- than anyone from GOT.

Like you say very unfortunate time to be released but even then I’m not sure people would have given a History channel production much time anyway.

Ozark > GoT

GoT is pretty shit now and everyone is just watching to see how it ends.

At least that’s the case with me. Went off the rails after S4.

2 Likes

For the ending absolutely, and for the spectacle. As much as the show was always at its best when it was centred more on the dialogue, scheming etc, I have been waiting a fucking long time to really see the dragons absolutely fuck shit up on a massive scale and we are really getting that now. In a massive fucking way.

2 Likes

Wasn’t that, incidentally, when there was less shagging on the programme?

Finally got around to Stranger Things. loved season 1, thought 2 was a bit same same. And it looked from the cliffhanger that 3 would also be same same, sadly. Good nostalgia though.

Really like this :+1:

Got 2 episodes left

Stan & Ollie

Almost done with ‘The Last Ship’

Really enjoyable show, especially when it comes to action scenes. Looks well choreographed in that regards.
Also never have I experienced sea warfare before so those kept me on the edge of the seat, each time they engaged in an open water battles. Especially the defeat of Greek fleet.

The show makes you think of loads of possibilities that the world would face if an epidemic wiped out half the population.
On one hand it is too pessimistic about human nature and on other, it is too optimistic as to how the world would cope losing half the population. It would take decades to get the world running again if that happens.

7/10

1 Like

I got well into this when it was upto season two and then forgot about it, had no idea it went into season 6!

If you have nothing on your watchlist, get back to it.
Season 3 is quite good, especially with tasty Bridget Reagen in the cast :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I have never heard of The Last Ship but sounds intriguing based on your recommendation @Trion

1 Like

Available on Amazon Prime. FYI

So I’ve seen about 5 episodes from Season 1 of ‘The Last Ship’ and it’s okay, it’s very ‘tv movie’ tho :grimacing:

All about our heroic sailors saving the day in a few set-up set pieces, and to hell with any real characterisation and the corniest dialogue I’ve heard in a while :smile:

3 Likes

What am I watching? Detroit Red Wings at Calgary. Not a bad game so far.

Haha yeah my girlfriend is American so we decided to watch it one day and she got SUPER into it in a big way.

We’ve watched all the seasons and I did enjoy it but more from a “god this is so cheesy I need to keep watching” kind of thing.

I did like it thoug, it’s a pretty interesting premise for sure.

I got so hyped up with those combat scenes though plus I watched Uri movie; that my manliness asked me to download and play Call of duty :sweat_smile:

Wolf was the best, fucking love a bit of Wolfman

1 Like

Watched Sex Education on Netflix. Proper loved it, highly recommended.

2 Likes

First Dates UK.

Much better than the Dutch :joy:

1 Like