What are you watching?

Is anyone watching Football Dreams: The Academy on Channel 4? It’s following kids through Crystal Palace’s academy at various levels.

Only watched the second episode about the u16s desperately trying to get offered their scholarships. It’s sad how football is their entire lives already, especially when it’s clear they’re not making it.

1 Like

That’s a valid contribution to the thread.

1 Like

Anyone else watching the new Game of Thrones prequel series unfortunately/amazingly referred to as “Hot D”?

Just watched the first episode and really enjoyed it.

Paddy Considine being in something is always a great start in my book.

1 Like

There’s no way I’m giving another Game of Thrones series the time of day after that final season.

1 Like

Yeah…the first episode of House of the Dragon! Was really good. But I don’t think I’ll ever rewatch original Game of Thrones though with how terrible the ending was :cry: :laughing: . .

The Sinner S02…S01 was quality so i’m hoping the rest is as good.

2 Likes

First two are good. Gave up halfway through 3.

1 Like

Rewatching some Black mirror

1 Like

I happened to rewatch most of the last season of GoT recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Way more than the first watch.

Okay there are some less than logical decisions etc but Tyrion, Jaime, the Hound, Davos, Littlefinger, Varys, Cersei, Arya, Jorah, Grandmother Tyrell (I forget her actual name), Tormund and of course Bronn are all brilliant throughout. The level of acting is still so high from so many cast members, it’s quite an astonishing achievement considering how many seasons it ran for.

I haven’t seen the new show yet, but looking forward to watching it soon.

1 Like

Ah yes. I remember that interview with one of the creators where he uttered the infamous “Dani kind of forgot about the iron fleet” bullshit and realized that they had absolutely no idea how to end the series and probably didn’t even care at that point. Pretty sure the backlash to the ending got their rumored project at Lucasfilm placed “on hold” indefinitely.

Randy Rhoads Reflections of a guitar icon.
Brilliant documentary on one of the greatest metal guitar heroes. Loads of great footage of him starting out and leading up too joining Ozzy before the tragedy of that plane crash.
Twenty six years old and it was over. Good he is getting the recognition he deserves now. First two Ozzy solo albums are must haves and his signature style guitar pretty much own them.

1 Like

Wrexham (Disney+)

Only 2 episodes so far but a good watch similar to Sunderland till i die rather then the all or nothing series.

1 Like

The Figo affair. Everything you need too know about football transfers. Fascinating documentary that really tells you how fans and players see things totally different.

1 Like

Sandman on Netflix. Really good so far.

The Shield on Amazon Prime. It’s really, really good.

1 Like

I’ll deffo give this a go in that case.

Thank you Sir Lister of Smeg.

1 Like

Watched Nope, the new Jordon Peele movie.

Such a good film, especially if you go into it blind like I did.

Chernobyl on HBO—what an amazing production. The Chernobyl disaster was something I never really thought about or investigated which is wild considering what an almost world ending event that was.

6 Likes

The Boys

10/10 must watch recommend. I’ve not met a person who hasn’t liked it.

4 Likes

@Lister86

Wrexham is fast becoming the best footballing docu-series made, in my mind.