What are you watching?

Watched Freddie Flintoff’s cricket programme this morning.
Thought it was very good.
Being involved with grassroots football as a coach I think hes doing something great for his community and cant wait to see the next one.

@Castiel about to watch episode 6 of The Boys, for the first time a disclaimer appears before the show and it occurs to me…

“Holy shit, this can only mean that those mad bastards are actually doing Herogasm”

4 Likes

I finished it on Saturday and didn’t even realise lol

Im gonna make sure I wrap the season up tomorrow before heading to Barcelona on Thursday, too close to the end now to wait. Excited.

1 Like

Last two episodes are great.

Homelander is a great villain :joy:

Better Call Saul episode 8. Goddam!

2 Likes

Very tempted to watch them instead of stacking them up now

Crazy episode

The Hit List is basically Heardle as a tv show haha although its not the start of a song so it’s easier

1 Like

Sexy Beast

1 Like

The new season of Umbrella Academy is really good, what a great ending!

Also, Bill Burr’s Netflix special. So good. I love his anger.

Just watched the first episode of Peacemaker. I want my own Eagly.

John Cena is so jokes man, does the dumb meathead character so bloody well.

I like Robert Patrick in it too so far, he’s always great, whether hes playing the Terminator or Davey Scatino, the degenerate fuckin gambler Tony fucks over in The Sopranos. That’s a man who should get more good roles.

2 Likes

Can’t believe it’s taken you this long to start it.

It only gets better as well.

2 Likes

I was waiting for my wife to be ready, but she’s been dragging her heels and we’ve had a couple other shows we needed to finish.

She’s at her parents this week, just making sure I haven’t got covid from all the stag madness, so I’m taking the opportuniry to binge tv shows and watch some films that have been on my list for a while. Many Saints of Newark being my starting point yesterday eve, thankfully Peacemaker hasn’t underwhelmed me in a similar fashion.

Any other film or tv recommendations would be good. I was on the Sky app and saw We Own the Night, that’s a very tempting option.

I highly highly recommend Righteous Gemstones on Sky if you haven’t seen that already.
John Goodman, Adman Devine, and Danny McBride at their best as a family of cynical millionaire televangelists.

Absolutely amazing.

1 Like

That sounds pretty up my street lol, nice one mate

Yeah you’ll love it mate, it’s excellent.

Very easy to binge watch as well.

Oh!! Also Walton Goggin’s is in it as an old washed up born-again con-man preacher with a wife 30 years younger than him

1 Like

This Stranger Things is interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

About 4 episodes into the new season of Umbrella Academy. Outside Saul I’d be happy to say that it’s the best Netflix show on the go these days. All 3 seasons so far have been fantastic fun and it’s each season has had the strongest openers I can remember for recent TV. Feels more like a blockbuster than TV at times.

@JakeyBoy when you get into this one we’ll know whether our tastes are entirely incompatible or not

2 Likes

My wife started watching recently without me, she thinks it’s brilliant. Unfortunately I’ve been using my time apart from her this week to watch Peacemaker and a few films. Perhaps I should have banged out Umbrella S1 to catch up with her instead.

1 Like