What are you watching?

I’ve watched the first half of the last season, up to the last episode shown, if that makes sense.

So, I’ve just finished the episode where that moustachio’d Mexican badass and Howard Hamlin summit at Saul’s apartment.

I think the last half of the last season are going to be broadcast weekly from 11th July on Netflix, if I’m not mistaken.

@YJYUX you’re probably going to end up watching BCS in the right way. Smashing them all and binging all the series. It’s difficult to remember the characters from previous series sometimes (e.g. they reintroduced Nancy and her husband from s1 this time around, which took a bit of strategic Wikipedia from me lol)

2 Likes

Personally speaking, rewatching BB before BCS isn’t necessary in the slightest.

3 Likes

The Bear (fx/Hulu)
A young chef from the fine dining world comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he’s used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother’s suicide. As Carmy fights to transform both the shop and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveals itself as his chosen family.

Worth a watch when it eventually hits star in the UK.

2 Likes

I really had to do some digging to watch this online!

As someone brought up in those kinds of environments I’d say its a pretty accurate portrayal of turning a shit hole place where the if it ain’t broke don’t fix it attitude exists into something more professional.
Having experienced the journeys of both Sydney (sous chef) having to deal with coming into a hostile new team and “prove” yourself when your CV should’ve been more than adequate and Carmy (head chef) when you see him running the pass at Alinea and the executive chef come in and starts talking shit to him and all you’re expected to do is just say “yes chef”, thankfully this shit is becoming less of a thing even though it does still happen.

Overall thought it portrayed really well the ups and downs of trying to run any kitchen, regardless of the level.

1 Like

There is zero reason to watch breaking bad before BCS. I was a big BB fan but honestly better call soul is better TV.

1 Like

Anyone who is a fan of The Wire, have a look at This is our City

Same people who make it, also set in Baltimore but more about the police corruption which went on and is probably still happening.
Very good and based on true stories I believe

1 Like

@Joshua for clarification being a native needed.

So I believe @Invincibles is referring to the mini series “We Own This City” which is based on a real life corruption scandal in the Baltimore Police Department’s Gun Trace Task Force (“GTTF”).

The GTTF was basically a free lancing plainclothes unit within the BPD that devolved into its own drug cartel. There are a lot of good explainer articles or videos about the unit itself. The corruption was so ridiculous that I think if you pitched it as fiction, you’d get laughed out of the room.

There are a lot of alumni from The Wire who make appearances in the show.

It didn’t really start to make news nationally until recently but around my neck of the woods it was basically the big local story.

4 Likes

Got to love how the boys puts viewer discretion warnings before the episodes now :joy::joy:

1 Like

Mick Jagger: My life as a Rolling Stone.

Fascinating. Man’s a genius.

2 Likes

Dartford boy!!

1 Like

Just sat down to watch the new Thor

My life as a Rolling Stone. Watched all 4 episodes and loved everyone of them. great footage and good anecdotes and will watch again.

2 Likes

I think theyre showing the Keith Richards one on BBC2 tomorrow night

1 Like

Tell us what you thor-t, then

2 Likes

I’m assuming this is only on UK tv channels?

1 Like

It’s in the other film thread we have.

I wasn’t impressed

1 Like

BBC iplayer

Counts me out then

Must be a way. I’m in Spain at the moment and managed to watch ITV Hub.