What are you watching?

Just watched it.

Shit, fuck!!! Probably the only time through the entire show I felt sad for him, in an instant.

1 Like

The Beatles: Get Back

Incredible footage of the band jamming for 14 days and the trials and tribulations that came with it

#Jo Jo was a man who thought he was a loner…#

4 Likes

Geniuses at work. Episode 1 when Lennon just goes into the Harry Lime theme was a stand out for me.

2 Likes

George Harrison seemed to be bottling up a lot in that episode, poor guy.

1 Like

I don’t mind the Beatles but was never huge on them.
But really enjoyed that and the scene where you see them just jamming and one of the songs comes together is for me just incredible.

Yoko Ono comes across as quite odd and clingy in this aswell, to the point where it’s annoying seeing here in most of the scenes just being pointless.

2 Likes

I get what you mean. For what is/was the nation’s greatest band (as an export), there is strangely very little of the Beatles on the radio when you tune in.

Yoko is often cast as the reason the Beatles split up. A very strange character, that one. In the documentary (at least in the first episode, anyway) there seems to be little to no resentment directed towards Yoko by the other band members.

The Beatles split because the fun wasn’t there anymore.
Been waiting years to see this for after reading so much I want to see the actual dynamics in the studio.
Do I get a sub with Disney plus or do I wait for the blu ray in July?

2 Likes

Both. Obviously. :grin:

1 Like

Obi-wan
Brilliant start to the series.

Now on to stranger things glad it’s got a recap because I carnt remember what happened

1 Like

I watched the first series of Stranger Things and enjoyed it, but was like, “that’s enough of that, one season will do, I think”

Is that an error?

1 Like

Watched first two then got bored.

Sci fi really isn’t my bag

1 Like

If I remember correctly series 2 was abit of slower burner to get through but series 3 was better and felt on par with the first series.

1 Like

Nah the later seasons are pretty good but a lot of the 80’s charm of the narrative was something that needed to be an isolated event, every year the story gets more watered down and the kids get more gangly and derpy looking

3 Likes

I’m currently incapacitated at home with kidney stones, when I’m not in utter agony, I can squeeze a film in.
Currently sat watching Kong vs Godzilla, man I feel sorry for Kong, getting constantly shit on in this one, guy just wants an easy and quiet life :rofl:

1 Like

In fairness Kong probably just happy not to have kidney stones

1 Like

Kenobi. First 2 episodes are sooooo good

2 Likes

I watched the first couple of hours of Get Back today, absolutely fascinating seeing the group go through the creative process for me it’s like Van Gogh paint or Mozart composing.
Listening to the seeds of classic songs being worked out has got me completely hooked.
Highlights so far Lennon singing an early version of Jealous Guy and George Harrison saying I wrote a song last night and breaks into the first verse of I Me Mine.
Genius

4 Likes

Did anyone watch Derry Girls? Just caught up with final episode and that last scene is just perfect :heart:

And then in real life, the Good Friday Agreement is yet another thing our wonderful Government are trying to fuck up.

“Gold” on prime.

Quite like Zac Efron, thought this would be worth a watch. Its just okay at best, filmed in some in the moment apocalyptic world, in fact thinking about it, seems like a completely pointless idea for a film with no real story.

If you like the Beatles it’s worth joining Disney just for that.
It’s very well put together and considering the film was made from thousands of clips of the band edited together, it’s looks like a modern documentary.

It was fascinating watching how they worked together as a band with George Martin and It was also interesting to see the influence Billy Preston had on the music.

Although McCartney came over as bit of a perfectionist, getting them to do endless takes of the same song, it’s what made them so great and Lennon was a lot more laid back than often he’s portrayed.

I was surprised how well they all got on, considering the rumours about them splitting up.
The only friction seemed to be between Harrison and McCartney, before Harrison walked out and briefly left the band.

Definitely worth watching.

Edit: Just seen you’ve started watching it. :grinning:

3 Likes