What are you watching?

And there was me thinking the Downing Street party was the biggest scandal of the week

3 Likes

I’d be inclined to say “only a cunt would take minus 17 grand”.

2 Likes

Tiger King 2. (3/10)

After watching the first season and disliking it, wife suggested we should watch the second see if it would be any better. Somehow worse than the first, focuses on the weird narcissistic self absorbed attention whore owner of an animal park known as Joe exotic, who is currently in jail for attempted murder and 18 accounts of animal cruelty. Last season the show was focused on him and his rival Carol Baskin who also owns a rival animal park.

This season his former crew are currently all making money of last years show and some are trying to get him out of jail. They tried to get a presidential pardon from trump but failed.

All I got from this and no offence to our American bros is that the US has a larger than average amount of dumb people in it.

3 Likes

Watching The Matrix(1999) again(for the nth time) because my wife hadn’t seen it before. And I’m actually coming to the conclusion that this might be one of the best passages in motion picture history

3 Likes

We are without question the dumbest country.

1 Like

Been watching Succession the last few months.

After watching as many episodes as I wanted when I wanted going back to one a week was a struggle when I caught up with the real time broadcast haha.

One of my favourite ever shows now. That season 3 finale episode was outstanding :fire::fire::clap::clap:

1 Like

I watched it a few weeks ago, hadn’t seen it since I was 11 or something. I don’t know why but I was really surprised by how good and coherent it was. It’s only in the last 20 mins or so that it turns into the OTT action film I thought it was.

2 Likes

I just watched a film called Broken Arrow (1950)
I haven’t watched a film like this in years and thoroughly bloody enjoyed it :joy:

1 Like

There was a Broken Arrow film made in the late 90s, too.

Rumour has it that American cinema-goers were cheering John Travolta (bad guy) whenever he punched Christian Slater (good guy) in the final fight scene :joy:

John Woo directed that didn’t he?

1 Like

Yep.

And he did Face/Off.

“Don’t go downtown on the 14th. It’s gonna get a little…smoky!”

1 Like

What a movie face/off was, really ahead of its time. Broken Arrow wasn’t bad but Face off was something else.

1 Like

It was ahead of its time but it was also, sadly, the last of these rewatchable action blockbusters.

Wasn’t long before the money was going into Lord of the rings and Marvel and all that (and we had to like what was given to us)

Yeh absolutely, ironically wouldn’t get made today even though the CGI would be next level. Type of movie that might get a remake that’s 12a to appeal to the cinema crowd and they use a shit tame nanocell type plot device to change the faces instead of the grim af surgery scene.

It’s actually something I don’t understand, like how did that genre die out, I know it’s too do with box office numbers but surely there’s a bunch of 25-40 year olds that would still fill seats for the great block buster 80s and 90s styles. Your Face/off, The Rock, Con Air, Demolition Man types and that’s not even touching the franchise.

3 Likes

100% agree.

Fast and Furious isn’t filling that void, either.

Actually one of the best 2000s action films was a Paul Walker one, Running Scared, you ever saw it? One of my absolute favourites.

1 Like

Is it on Netflix?

I feel like Swordfish was the last of the high-octane action films but even that didn’t float my boat so much (again, the rewatchability isn’t there)

1 Like

How many episodes are there in this season’s Succession?

Nine

I did a random Google search in the meantime and apparently there are 11?

Have you seen episode 9? Did it feel like the last one?

I don’t want to watch episode 9 now else it’ll seem like an age before episode 10 and 11 are released on sky Atlantic lol.