What are you watching?

I got Disney Plus free for a year with my phone upgrade. I think O2 especially do offers like that regularly. So that’s another way to get it if anyone is thinking about it.

I’m actually rather happy with Disney+, loads of good content.

All the new Star Wars stuff, all the new Marvel stuff, all the Fox and Stars content so you get The Last Man, The Walking Dead, Only Murders in the House, Family Guy, Futurama, American Horror Story etc.

Talking of Disney+
on friday they going to put alot of Marvel films in Imax Enhanced
IMAX Enhanced is coming to Disney+ - YouTube

1 Like

True Detective

Which series?

The HBO one?
Or did you mean which season? I’m on season 2 now.

For simplicities sake, yes I did :grin:

Not that it isn’t used lots in the UK too, but “season” is a bit of an Americanism, not that there’s anything wrong with that, particularly when discussing a US TV show. But in the UK, series is the term that’s been used traditionally to mean the same thing.

Unpopular opinion?

I prefer season to series

1 Like

Have you watched Guilt Cal. Set in Edinburgh about 2 brothers who knock a bloke down and place him back in his house
Really good how the story unravels. 2 series 4 episodes each.

1 Like

No.

I had to check the summary to figure out what the plot was about. Knocking someone down and taking him to his house didn’t sound like a captivating storyline.

2 Likes

Some Americanisms annoy me to an irrational extent, but this isn’t one, so it isn’t an unpopular opinion for me, Clive. I slip between using both myself.

1 Like

Yeh I remember you and Craigie saying it caters to adults quite a bit which surprised me. Going to set it up tonight and give it a go because scraping the bottom of the barrel with Netflix and prime video

1 Like

I hardly ever watch any prime shows tbh lol. I mainly use it for “proper amazon” and Netflix I just cancelled it as I watched the shows I want.

Tbh I find most of my tv shows on Now. Sky have an excellent cast of programs imo

British TV is gross

1 Like

Sky is incredible for having all the HBO shows let alone anything else. I don’t like rate their Sky Original dramas from the little I’ve seen, but the stuff they have on there including films is pretty sick.

Just finished You season 2

It’s always painful when shows have to make characters become the dumbest cunts on the planet in convenient moments to justify more seasons. The most contrived shit you’ll ever see on any TV show in order to keep certain characters safe. Never been 2 seasons into a show where I’ve been given genuinely no satisfying pay off. Even Game of Thrones dealt punishment in the viewers favour more.

However the majority of the show is brilliantly written and I’ve been hooked. I don’t know if I can be fucked with season 3 now that it seems season 4 has been confirmed. More anger and frustration without reward guaranteed.

1 Like

Yeah agreed.

Mainly the American stuff on sky Atlantic and sky witness I watch on it haha.

Don’t really watch their own made shows. Only one they made that I liked was Bulletproof but the Noel Clarke business might have fucked that show lol as he co wrote it I think.

COBRA was good aswell tbf actually

Yeah it’s burnt out. It basically turned into a shag fest for 6 episodes.
Just exhausted it’s storyline and the characters ran out of menace and ways to grow and develop.
I’m out for season 4 tbh. Wouldn’t bother with 3 if that’s how you feel after 2

2 Likes

Four hours at the Capitol
Documentary on the day protesting Trump supporters tried taking over the Capitol building.
Hour by hour of what unfolded on that day by all involved on both sides.
It’s a much more harrowing account watching it like this.
Well worth the watch on one of the most bizarre days in modern day America. Real Legacy of Trump this and won’t be forgotten on either side.

1 Like