What are you watching?

Fair, I think season 8 is very season 7 adjacent and just reminds me so much of all the stuff I’ve slogged through in years past.

Quite keen to get to the new seasons and see how the show has evolved and changed. I know Lincoln left the show in season 9 so that will be interesting to see how they got rid of him.

I imagine they killed him off in some underwhelming way haha doubt he just rides off into the sunset lol

There is a lot of action in series 9. One episode near the end of the season has a proper :dizzy_face: :astonished: moment. As long as you‘ve avoided spoilers that is.

1 Like

Yeah I have, I have no idea what happens in season 9 haha

Just trying to power through season 8 now.

I’m at the episode where that lady wants to trade records for music and they’re preparing for battle against the saviours at Hilltop.

I think I stopped at around 4 / 5 or something. That governor bloke with the eye patch (am I making that up?).

Feels like the kind of show you could just start watching again at like season 8 and just figure it out. Got a bit repetitive and depressing tbh.

1 Like

Yeah The Governor that’s right. The main antagonist comes in the season after, “Negan” and I’m pretty sure he’s in it right until in the end.

But you’re right, you can literally drop into any season and figure out what’s going on.

Like those old school American soap operas from the 90s with 300 episodes a year lol

I have just watched “The VAR Room” on Amazon, has the potential to be a great comedy, It could be a fantastic subject, with a massive audience, but…

I don’t think I have EVER seen anything, so unfunny, and utterly pointless…Such a shame, great idea, very badly executed…

Only Connect

2 Likes

Did you solve the wall with Champions League winners @InvincibleDB10 :wink:

Only Connect is my favourite quiz programme and Victoria Coren Mitchell my favourite presenter but I’m not sure about her new hair colour.

1 Like

I noticed her lipstick more so than her hair colour :joy:

1 Like

I record the new series then watch them but I’m working my way through all the episodes on YouTube and I’m only on series ten.

The wall is the best round and there have been several football references like football grounds, which I normally get quite quickly so I think I must have got it right.

The one I find most difficult is the first connection round.
Some of the links are ridiculously obscure with very tenuous links.

2 Likes

They’ve just had a world cup question on University Challenge as part of the bonus questions:

“Which country won it twice in the first decade of the world cup?”

“In which european country did Brazil win their first world cup in 1958?”

“Which is the only South American country to have hosted the World Cup without ever winning it?”

I got them all right :wink:

3 Likes

Wife was watching Poldark, started to join her around season 3. It’s actually a really good watch, very engaging and lots of small but interesting story arcs to follow. That Cornish accent they got is fucking annoying though “be ye a methody sir? I is afeared for ye soul” oh and “I am with Child” “She be with Child” “she is with child” and any other variation of being with child. Other than that been very pleasantly surprised.

1 Like

I fucking loved Poldark! Watched the first 3-4 seasons before I ended up losing interest, but really enjoyed those seasons especially having lived in Falmouth near Truro and recognising a lot of the places they filmed haha

@Phoebica So glad I picked up The Walking Dead again, holy shit. It is so good. This has to be one of the biggest turn arounds in tv writing in the history of television lol

Season 6 and 7 were so fucking dire, and season 8 (where I picked up a few weeks ago) was a slog as well I thought but season 9 and 10 have been superb - absolutely incredible character development for Negan and the others. I hate Maggie now (I’m at the bit where they’re in the subway in DC with the body bags full of walkers - season 11), she’s a fucking hypocrite.

My girlfriend jumped into episode 1 season 9 with me as she was home sick, and by episode 2 with Rick on the bridge she was hooked and we’ve been binging it since. So in my earlier post when I said you can jump in at any time and get the show has been proven right haha I just had to do a bit of running commentary on who characters were and what they’ve done etc.

Very excited to see how season 11 turns out!

Which episode towards the end of season 9 were you referring to with the :dizzy_face: :open_mouth: moment?

Episode 15 I think. With all the heads on spikes.

Ohhhh yeah! That was fucking BRUTAL. I just couldn’t believe it. The writers are absolutely savage lol

Breaking point. The Mardy Fish documentary on Netflix about his rise and fall in Tennis linked to mental pressures of the sport.
Good showing his close relationship with Andy Roddick and both players differing careers and support for one another.

Just a heads up for anyone who’s interested.

New customers can get a month of Disney Plus for £1.99. I had no intention to ever get it and will cancel after the month is up but for £2 I have took it to see what’s it’s about haha.

I might do that thanks it’s one that hasn’t really interested me either as I don’t think I’d want to continuously watch it’s content but for that it wouldn’t hurt to check the catalogue out for a month and see if my assumptions are on the mark.

1 Like

Much better than my athletic promotion from a few years ago aswell

1 Like