What are you watching?

I love the way you can look at a shot and just know it’s a Wes Anderson film . I love pretty much everything he’s done.

3 Likes

Agreed. Recently rewatched Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom. Classics.

2 Likes

I also just recently watched Grand Budapest Hotel (after having seen the dog film) that one was good! I should watch more films he’s made, including these ones you mention here Blink

1 Like

Lovely film. Wes doesn’t disappoint!

1 Like

I love Wes Anderson films!

Something about the quirky nature, colours and style just warms me up. Grand Budapest is a wonderful film but Fantastic Mr. Fox is my favourite of his!

Never fails to put me in a good mood, and I think it’s his best film haha

1 Like

Finished You. Some good twists and turns but mostly it kept repeating itself if some what bizarre ways.
Three series is enough for me now. Not up for watching the fourth.

Oh my God. Has anyone watched Angela Black? First episode was good. Now it is an actual Insult to domestic violence victims. The script is a joke.

2 Likes

Turned it off after the second. I’d just come off the You series that pissed me off and this one managed to somehow piss me off more lol!

2 Likes

Just watched the first two episodes of Outlaws, on the BBC, new Stephen Merchant comedy/drama, it’s very very good…

1 Like

Started watching Invincible. That was a wild ass ending to the first episode. Good shit

2 Likes

@JakeyBoy another one.

Ohhh Invincible friends

2 Likes

Without spoiling anything it’s safe to say that it gets even crazier, you’re in for a wild ride.

2 Likes

What’s Invincible on @sol @Castiel @JakeyBoy

It’s on Amazon prime video, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea though it’s an animated series for adults based on a graphic novel by Kirkman, - The Walking Dead creator.

It’s essentially just a Justice League spin that’s batshit crazy and over the top in nearly everyway. Ridiculously good fun if you’re into animated and comic book content but probably not worth watching if you don’t enjoy that medium. Though even for people who aren’t into animated films or shows I have to say that cast is truly exceptional.

3 Likes

It’s good shit!

1 Like

Battered bastards of baseball
Great story of a minor League side in the 70s. The only team who didn’t farm out players to the major sides and do everything unconventional but in the right spirit.
It’s a great sporting story and you don’t need any feel for baseball to enjoy this.

1 Like

Agreed. Great little doc this is. And if this alone doesn’t catch you the involvement of Bing Russell (Kurt’s father) in the team just might.

Side note, just googled them and the franchise has been recently reborn.

1 Like

Oh that’s great. That Bing Russell was some bloke.
Great full life with the acting and film industry too.
Fascinating man.

1 Like

Picked up where I left off 3-4 years ago with The Walking Dead (end of season 7). Halfway through season 8, just having it on in the background while I work.

Honestly cannot believe it’s still going, I feel like it’s just been 8 seasons of them running in fucking circles Jesus Christ.

At this point I’m in so deep and like the dystopian future setting that I just want to know how it ends.

Hoping the Last of the Us show is much better and can fill that zombie craving for me instead.

Yeah i’m up to date on The Walking Dead now. The final series has 24 episodes, split into three blocks. Block B is out in February. So they’re really dragging this thing out :sweat_smile:

There are some really good episodes still though, so it hasn’t faded off as such. Though some parts have been a slight chore.

1 Like