What are you watching?

I looked it up “overspel” in Dutch. It used to be on Netflix for us but not sure if it’s still there. Haven’t seen it either way, if I can find it somewhere I’ll give it a try. In need of new series anyway with all this lockdown :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I have just binge watched a Canadian police / swat series called Flashpoint…
This is one of the best things I have ever seen on TV, fabulous stories, stunning acting, just incredibly special…I used a streaming website, so not too sure what you can watch it on, but trust me, it is well worth hunting down…Just awesome.

2 Likes

Overspel!

That’s it.

1 Like

Thought I couldn’t see anything worse than our EL exit today. But I’m just catching up on this week’s Naked Attraction, and there is a 75 year old man who just uttered the sentence “I like her shaved p*ssy” about a near 60 year old woman. So now I want to cry and be sick.

Does anyone ever watch this show? Usually it’s young contestants in their 20s or 30s, so isn’t so horrifying.

4 Likes

I only ever only see this show when clicking through the channels and that’s enough for me to watch

2 Likes

Only through gogglebox. And let’s be honest here you got exactly what you deserved by not switching channel the second a 75 year old walked out. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Predator 2

1 Like

An audience with Freddie Starr
What a genius

1 Like

Remember seeing it for the first time… As it was yesterday.
One of the biggest disappointments of my childhood. Damn, thinking about it it’s still fresh, although I’ve never seen it after that.

Obviously Arnie was the hero, the man, at that time… I was watching it with my younger brother… Of course I expected Arnie to lead the film again… I think I was already worried how I didn’t see his name among the actors at the start… but I was like: surely he’ll show up. The film goes and goes, I was thinking the guy who was played by Danny Glover was surely the supporting actor to Arnie… Arnie will show up… Was tellling that to my brother too… Almost half the film went through and Arnie never came…

I surely need theraphy for this.

1 Like

:joy:

That’s a top post mate, because I felt the same as a young kid watching it. Danny Glover, to me, was always just the old dude from Lethal Weapon. Couldn’t lead. It’s like putting Giroud up front and expecting 30 goals a season. The film, like Arsenal under Giroud, was doomed.

One immortal line from Predator 2, mind you;

“It’s all voodoo magic, man. Fuckin voodoo magic, man!”

1 Like

Missus had her second jab on Friday. Yesterday she was feeling under the weather so we decided to rewatch 24 starting from Season 4. Smashed through 11 episodes in 1 day.

I’m so proud of her. Not for the jab obviously but for her commitment to Bauer. Might rename 8th May to Kiefer Sutherland today within our household. That bastard Habib Marwan, tricky customer. Completely forgot what happens but the twists and turns in 24 are simply unrivalled. I’ve seen a lot of TV but there’s nothing like this out there. Masterpiece.

4 Likes

Hang on, what? If you rewatch a series, do you not go from the start?

Perhaps rewatch is the wrong word then. 24 hits its absolute prime in season 4 and 5 imo. We wanted to get right back into the heat of the show. I highly recommend if you’ve never watched it.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Anyone watched Big Sky on Disney? Thinking of making it my next series because I fancy Ryan Phillippe. And I do love a crime drama. Is it worth it?

Disney is a friggin con.

I wanted to watch the French Connection today. This is a film I could get as part of my sky movies package a few months ago.

Now, Sky prices have gone up and I’ve got to pay another subscription just to watch the same films I was watching in 2020?

Fck off Sky.

1 Like

I get Disney Plus free as part of my mobile phone contract. But yeah so many subscriptions these days.

1 Like

The more concerning part is the main ones are getting actively worse. I know it’s probably related to Covid but even before the virus Netflix’s catalogue was getting less appealing. Gems like Ozark and NARCOS are starting to feel like an afterthought to Netflix in terms of their originals and they seem to throw their name on anything they can find on the cutting room floor.

3 Likes

Agree hundred percent, I’ve got so many subscriptions now because of how this whole thing has defragmented, waiting for the one that will charge you to just group them all in one place now :joy::rofl:

1 Like

If you want quality over quantity I recommend HBO Max. Not as much content but allot of really good original series plus HBO’s entire catalogue of shows.

1 Like