What are you watching?

Ok if it available in your country which I think is very limited outside the states

Is it in the UK now? I wanna watch raised by wolves ;(

Not sure if available in the UK actually. Might need a VPN to get around it.

Raised by Wolves is excellent.

1 Like

Now TV is basically HBO max for UK/Ireland.

Ewww

1 Like

Whaaaaaaaaattt

1 Like

Join whatsapp :grin:

1 Like

Crime of the Century, a docu series on the crisis of prescription opioid addiction in the U.S.

The life of addicts is horrifying but what’s even more monstrous is the profit motive behind it and the how institutionalized it is.

3 Likes

I’ve just finished How to Fix a Drugs Scandal on Netflix. Just going to start Trail 4 now. Both are about Massachusetts actually…

The US justice system is absolutely fucked. Has it actually ever not been? There must be tens/hundreds of thousands of cases like these wrongly prosecuted.

@Joshua tell me there is some hope man?

2 Likes

Where there are people there is hope, Sham.

We do have two systems of justice in the US. One for white people and one for black, brown and other minorities. This is most true when it comes to drugs and drug possession crimes.

We won’t really turn a corner until we address the opiate crisis and start diverting money to services and away from police. Could it cost me my job eventually? Sure, there’s probably less of a need for prosecutors if you aren’t prosecuting drug cases even if that’s outside my scope of practice.

3 Likes

I don’t work in Justice but I do work in Social Welfare and it has a lot of problems too. Some of our rules are fucking mental. Designed to deny people money instead of ensuring those who need it get it. I totally understand why we have to make sure well off people don’t get handouts from the state (hah fucking hah I know, but I mean in the sense of welfare) bit the reality is 99% of people wouldn’t jump through the hoops we make them unless they had to. We regularly do fraud surveys. Typically there might be 3% fraud. Stop putting 100% of people through the ringer because the 3% know how to play it anyway. Get smarter about targeting them.

I’d decriminalise all drugs in the morning if it was my call. It would change everything. In twenty years time the country would be unrecognisable… and so much better.

1 Like

The decriminalization of weed is a hot topic right now. A decent chunk of the homicides in my jurisdiction are over weed deals. One person trying to rip off the other. I’ve had break-ins where some dummies were looking for weed but stole guns instead.

So if we legalize it, how do we make sure it’s affordable for people, otherwise you’ll have privileged white people like myself buying roll-on THC tiger balm for a post run lounge at $90/stick and still have people dealing the skunk stuff. I’m in favor of legalizing it. It’s insane that alcohol is legal and weed isn’t. Hell, it’s insane that the US government doesn’t even study how THC could be beneficial! Or LSD or mushrooms. But sure, let’s allow Big Pharma to poison hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, with opioids that are madly addictive.

1 Like

I’m asthmatic. I use my Ventolin inhaler most days. Thank you science as I’d be fucked without it and now I run marathons. Drugs scare the shit out of me. I have to be really suffering to even take a paracetamol. It must be so easy to go down a road on drugs. I can’t hate on anyone who ends up there and they aren’t “worse” people than me just because they did. The idea that we say my inhaler is ok but the joint that helps you chill out at the end of the day isn’t. And people go to jail for years for having it. Fuck that. Healthy drug use is a thing and society needs to figure it the fuck out.

1 Like

Do you use a long acting beta agonist/steroid inhaler alongside it (e.g. Fostair) if you don’t mind me asking?

It feels like you’d benefit from it, given how often you seem to be using the Ventolin. (Even using it as little as 3 times a week is considered an overuse)

1 Like

Tried it more than once. My main use stems from exercise so it made little difference. I’ve used various different inhalers over the years as a regular use device. I’m fine like 90% of the time as long as I exercise.

2 Likes

Episode 20 of Season 4 of 24 is absolutely insane. Most TV shows are lucky to have that much shit happen in about 10 episodes. These fuckers crammed in that much madness into 43 minutes.

Such good TV. I’ve seen this shit 3 times and it still has me jumping off my seat.

PS fuck Audrey Raines

1 Like

If I leave here film about Lynryd Skynyrd. Just an epic look at one of Rocks greatest bands.

1 Like

Finished Shadow and Bone on Netflix and now watching The Irregulars.

1 Like

Excellent shows.

1 Like

Was watching the Chase just now - they asked a question about the country of origin for a cheese. Chaser guessed Italy which was wrong. The contestants said “French” and Bradley called it wrong as they should have said “France”. That’s pretty scandalous tbh, no way that should have been given wrong. Then the chaser went on to catch them with 1 second to spare. They would have won otherwise. Load of shite that is.

3 Likes