What are you watching?

Do you reckon DS Arnott is an Arsenal fan?

When that Scouse bird says Champions League football is on and then chirps “not that your lot are bothered”, he amusingly replies “next season”.

2 Likes

Would explain his painkiller addiction

3 Likes

Oh yes, while we are talking about that scene with Steve visiting the widow…

I reckon there’s a good chance he faked that back spasm so he could get her out of the room/house so he could plant a bug or snoop about. He’s definitely got an agenda, having seen her and Hastings meet up and then very obviously querying her having the sports package on the telly

3 Likes

I finished watching Line of Duty on the Iplayer, and was recommended The Terror which is something I started watching a few years ago on a streaming website but the quality was naff.

Loved it. I’d been interested in Franklin’s Lost Expedition since I’d watched National Treasure 2, and was curious by the two Resolute Desks… hahah

2 Likes

Bloody hell, you’re good :joy:

I’ve been sharing your theories about Kate with the girls at work and now I’m gonna disseminate this (and pass it off as my own, of course)

You’re in fucking deep man.

1 Like

I watch a YouTube series that explains every episode after its done just so I haven’t missed anything :joy:

1 Like

Bloody hell. And you listen to the podcast too? You’re definitely invested!

2 Likes

Nothing else to do tbf

2 Likes

You’re speaking my language. There’s absolutely no way two of those pills would even touch a real back spasm. He was absolutely faking it.

The more I think of it, the more implausible it gets. I like the theory at first but Line of Duty doesn’t do weird flashbacks- “While I was in your house, I actually planted a bug!” They might have shown that sort of operation by Arnott in real time, such that the viewer knows.

I may be completely wrong, in which case laugh at me if the bug theory ends up being true :joy:

1 Like

he either planted a bug or took some pictures of her bank statement or something like that. Big Ted was talking to her about HRMC which is like the IRS, right? Maybe she’s being audited?

1 Like

You finally understand spoilers?!

1 Like

You taught me, remember :blush:

1 Like

OA starting to look like a government contract for PPE.

1 Like

Still can’t believe we signed him for 72mil.

2 Likes

Started watching Big Little Lies, and I love it. Absolute trash really at heart, just done with excellent actors and HBO production quality. Reese Witherspoon is just great in it, and fit too obvs.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve seen this as well. I read the book on holiday a few years ago and that is equally trashy :grin: it’s very well cast.

1 Like

Watched Fargo S1 but wasn’t blown away. I’m currently enjoying S2 more.
I hear S1 was by far the best one so now I worry that missed something about it.

Anybody here watched the show?

1 Like

Line of Duty: “H” theory

If there is still a senior copper working for the OCG, its got to be our man Buckles, right?

The way I see it, H has to be the someone who had been in the show for some time, since the early days, in order for it to be a satisfying conclusion. If its some fucker they’ve introduced this season that’d be rubbish. If it is one of the three main cast everyone will be fuming, so I’m gonna rule them all out.

Buckles was the Chief Inevstigating Officer on the murder of Jackie Laverty in S1, and also took over from Roz as the CIO of Operation Trapdoor in series 4. In both instances he appears to have taken the investigation in a direction that did not point towards the OCG. In both cases, he was appointed to the position of CIO by Hilton, who of course was bent and one of the other "H"s.

He also doesn’t come off as bent at all, but massively incompetent, which I personally think is just about the best cover you could have. Nobody suspects the bumbling prat of being the mastermind.

But aside from Buckles, the only other senior officer who has been around for many series is the bloke who was in the Nights Watch in GoT, the one who was Steve’s boss in the counter terrorism team he left before joining AC12. But I feel he’s not quite been in it enough for that to be as satisfying as if it is Buckles

My only thought is that it seems so obvious to me that I’m now thinking it must be someone else. But the person above stands out as by far the most obvious/best shout.