What are you watching?

Easter 1916. 7 episodes on each member of the signatories of the proclamation of the Irish Republic during the uprising.
Interesting how diverse the backgrounds on each one is. Quality production.

2 Likes

I finished watching something narrated by Liam Neeson about the Easter Rising on PBS yesterday. It was called 1916.

What did you watch yours on? Netflix?

2 Likes

Prime. Has a few Gaelic speakers in it as well.

3 Likes

Ah. Pass so. :grin:

1 Like

It was on Irish TV last night and I recorded it but I think I’ll watch it on BBC tonight at 9. Meant to be an absolutely beautiful piece of film making.

4 Likes

I do hope it does more to help those suffering from dementia. Public awareness is key here.

I wonder if anyone else is a Dementia Friend on the forum…

1 Like

My wife is.

3 Likes

I am.

4 Likes

I love everything has a podcast now :joy: watching LOD on a Sunday then the official podcast on BBC Sounds on the Monday :raised_hands:

1 Like

There’s a fan podcast called Shrine of Duty which I really like. Presenters have snappy banter and always highlight Big Ted’s most emphatic deliveries.

@Calum …not everything has a podcast. OA doesn’t which I, for one, would absolutely listen to. Especially if it’s people ganging up on @DavidHillier for awful puns.

Well that was a rollercoaster of a watch. Paul McGrath stuff just took it too another level. Singing along too the record at the end as well. Epic story.

1 Like

Yea it was really good. Really well put together. It’s obviously sentimental stuff too, I was just about to turn 8 in Italia 90 and those are some of my earliest footballing memories.

It’s funny that even as a World Cup winner and a 20+ year career at Leeds that a story of his life should focus so much on his time managing Ireland. But unless you’re Irish it’s impossible to understand what that all meant. The closet I ever heard was when an Icelandic fan was interviewed on Arsecast before the 2018 World Cup.

I’m sure it’s on the player, big recommend from me.

1 Like

The Unforgotten. Really underrated series this finished last night.
Always has a decent story line and good range of actors.

2 Likes

Line of Duty has been :fire: so far.

Kelly McDonald is always great in everything, was very pleased when I saw she was in this series.

“There’s one thing I’m interested in and that’s BENT COPPERS” Had to finish that line off in unison with Ted, really enjoyed him telling the top brass he doesn’t give a shit about politics.

I definitely think Kate is deep undercover, like so deep that Steve doesn’t know cos it’s above his pay grade and only Ted is in the loop. That might seem a little far fetched but her behaviour so far just seems out of character to me, I’m not buying her being the kind of person who would intentionally sabotage an AC12 investigation. She knows AC12 doesn’t fuck about and that they only go after legit targets for good reasons, I dont think she left on such bad terms that she would have lost sight of that, even if she is trying to move away from anti corruption and just have a normal police job. Clueing her boss in on AC12’s impending appearance just seemed to me like an excellent way to “prove” her loyalty to her new team and demonstrate that she isnt one of AC12 any more, which required Steve to be none the wiser and genuinely pissed off and embarrassed when he had to leave with his tail between his legs.

Plus she’s low key acting like she wants to fuck Kelly McDonald but there’s never been any previous indication that she’s anything other than straight. All isn’t as it seems.

Seen some people complaining about pace. I think the pacing has been perfect, I’ve always been more interested in the procedural stuff than the action set pieces, I think thats what really makes LoD great. Nothing beats seeing Ted in the interrogation room putting the screws on some bent fucker.

5 Likes

I read this morning that ITV has commissioned a fifth series of Unforgotten, which I wasn’t expecting given what happened in the fourth. Should be interesting.

1 Like

Really. Guess the storylines are strong enough and we know some of the team now if they go that route.

I hope this isn’t the last series of Line of Dut-eh.

They’re onto a winner here. The actors should just carry on doing it. Fck being typecast.

I watched Between the Lines (first episode) last night after it was recommended at the end of Sunday’s LoD episode. It’s like the 90s LoD. Has anyone else seen it? The first episode was good but is it worthwhile persisting?

Totally agree. Rotating in guest stars is also a really good idea to keep things fresh.

One2Eleven with Tony Adams.

1 Like
1 Like