What are you watching?

I saw that screenshot of imdb reviews, people who have seen the film are saying that those reviews aren’t accurate. I mean, look at the first one, describes an eleven year olds bare breasts being shown on screen and that this is “lawfully defined as paedophilia”. I mean, if that’s true, would it be on Netflix?

Anyone can write those reviews on imdb, I wouldn’t trust them to necessarily be an accurate representation of the film.

Doesn’t sound right to me.

But yeah, neither one of us have seen the film or intend to so probably best we don’t end up debating it (which might be where we end up knowing us two lol) cos neither one of us are informed enough to do so.

I have watched part of that clip you posted, tbh I stopped cos it was grossing me out, regardless of whether it was meant to celebrate young girls behaving in this way or to criticise the sexualisation of them (even if I do suspect the intention is the latter), its not something I feel comfortable viewing.

What the fuck was that clip

1 Like

I think it’s safe to say the director is a pedo

5 Likes

Is this not a classic case of marketing the program though.
Sentiments being shown here multiply through social media will get it a mention on daytime tv and draw attention and curiosity leading too more viewer’s.

@Castiel I’ll continue here, though as we know mods here do fuckall all day anyway and might actually be happy to find that they have some post-tetris to do, moving tv show posts from all over the place over to where they belong :grin: but on your comment, oh shit really, you wouldn’t even give it that it has much better story writing? I feel the first 2 seasons the story was just some abstract shit with little thought behind it, while now you got a plot with a start, journey and end that is pretty rewarding.

Oh well, what about Archer then. I don’t remember exactly but say the first 5 or so? seasons were top quality, fantastic, then it fell off for a while, they lost their creative banter which is what held the whole series up imo, that lasted 2-3 seasons maybe, I might be off here, then with the last couple of seasons it’s been a bit up and down but generally better. What do you think?

Nah man I really haven’t enjoyed the new Rick and Morty stuff I though it was pretty clever and carefree back in the early two seasons. Not some super intellectual masterpiece as many on Reddit would have you believe but it was like a more quirky and mature Futurama that poked fun at some of the interesting aspects of quantum physics.

Archer was my jam for so long and honestly I think it’s one of the tightest, well written shows out there in it’s early days. I haven’t been enjoying the coma saga but then again I don’t think most people have. The Simpsons showed that no matter how good you are it’s impossible to maintain such high consistency over a long period of time.

2 Likes

hm yeah ok I don’t actually think it is that clever or intellectual, or mature either, I also don’t read reddit much but have heard that so I thought it was just a self-ironic meme or something. I just think the pace of the story does a lot for the humour in the newer seasons.

Futurama was great though, looking at the original 5 seasons, it had more of a character development need so the first season wasn’t great the first time around (Zoidberg and Leela had very little development in terms of humour early on), but it grew to be great with s2 and especially s3 imo. the three newer seasons are alright, not mad at them but the magic is maybe a bit gone. Had to keep the consistency when you’ve been great at one point as you say.

1 Like

Sorry bro can’t agree, in my opinion the first part of season 4 of Rick and Morty was weak and forgettable, maybe one good episode. Haven’t watched the rest so fingers crossed it’s a lot better.

I’m guessing that the genius stuff etc… comes from the fact that show has layers (much in the same way as Southpark). Some people will watch it and find humour in the gags, and dialogue between Rick and Morty, others will also appreciate the fact that it’s happening within the multiverse, a parallel universe, different point in time, within someone’s consciousness etc… all of which are legit topics.

1 Like

That’s what I was saying that I don’t like it, I think it’s been awful and the new writing team is rubbish. I also don’t understand why it takes them like 3 years to release shitty barely funny episdoes.

1 Like

I had a hard time watching the 4th season, think i’ve only saw 2 episodes…and after 3 seasons, i just can’t stand Morty’s voice anymore too, so i had to stop it.

1 Like

My bad bro, will change it.

3 Likes

Nah man don’t worry, just letting you know we’re on the same page, completely agree with everything you say.

3 Likes

A guy just won the million pound on who wants to be a millionaire with three lifelines remaining fucking hell :joy::joy::clap::clap:

1 Like

cough cough

Because of covid19 no audience :wink:

1 Like

Been on a bit of a Shia Labeouf theme recently.

Watched Peanut Butter Falcon recently which was fantastic, Shia was amazing in it as was the kid with Down’s syndrome in the lead role.

Now I’m watching Honey Boy, a biopic about Shia where Shia plays his own abusive alcoholic Vietnam vet father. Shia is again incredible but it’s a heavy movie with amazing acting from both actors playing young Shia and current Shia.

Shia seems to have come to terms with his anguish and past in the last few years and he has made some incredible films that really showcase his maturity and acting ability.

Got a lot of time for his recent films, but they’re often best enjoyed slightly inebriated just because they really make you think and question.

American Honey is next on my list.

2 Likes

Fuck all his recent films. Disturbia > everything

1 Like

Disturbia was sick, so was Fury to be fair.

He was awesome in Fury.

Indiana Jones and Transformers too, to be fair. He’s a great actor.

1 Like

Loved this film! Totally surprised me.

1 Like

Has he semi-retired now or something?

Seems like he’s doing a Robert Redford and picking his roles incredibly carefully