What are you watching?

Scrambled eggs all over my face, what is a boy to do?

1 Like

Ah see when I make an Arrested reference, it’s ignored :joy: (I’ll stick to high brow Curb ones)

1 Like

Haha I got it Dave, just was worried about us being told to fuck off to PMs if I responded to you again.

1 Like

What did y’all Thick of It fans think of In the Loop?

1 Like

Thought it was hilarious

1 Like

I remember seeing this clip years back and finding it funny. But I was disappointed with the film all in all. Few funny moments here and there but didn’t get me like the show did. (I know it was a complete reworking and only really Tucker and Jamie were still the same characters)

2 Likes

I made the mistake of watching in the loop first and didn’t think much of it. Must double back now that I’m properly acquainted with the main characters. I think I’ve said before on here the enquiry episodes of The Thick of It are some of the best television I have ever seen.

2 Likes

Just finished the Epstein documentary. Due to the high recommendations from a vast majority of members. The Thick Of It will be my new thing to watch. :joy:

Do people think he was killed or was it suicide?

An assisted suicide.

Mental how the deprived bastard got away with it for so long. If you have the money you can buy your way out of anything. Corrupt as fuck.

Recommend it btw. Only 4 eps.

1 Like

Anybody who doubts IASIP can get in the bin

2 Likes

On 1 side he’d lost everything he’d held dear and had been on suicide watch. And on the other he had dirt on the ultra-rich. His cell footage was lost and he bunked with an absolute shithouse.

The thing is if he was going to spill his beans, he already would have done to get a better deal with the feds. Whether the FBI wanted to take down kingpins is another matter entirely

1 Like

Decided to indulge the comic book geek in me and bought this

51NSI1gAqnL.AC

No idea how good they are meant to be, bought it purely on the basis of Bryan Cranaton providing the voice of Commissioner Gordon in Batman Year One, because how could that not turn out to be fucking brilliant.

Oh and because in that one Batman is voiced by Ben McKenzie aka Ryan from the OC, the king of hunky but ultimately unthreatening badboys of early noughties teen telly. What a dreamboat :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I love the DC animated universe, some of the film’s are surprisingly well done. Also the show Harley Quinn that is running at the moment is hilarious and awesome.

2 Likes

You seen any of the ones included above?

I was almost tempted to drop fifty quid on the entire Batman animated series from the 90s on blu Ray, but stopped myself because that really would have been a bit excessive/indulgent lol

1 Like

Haha that would be awesome. I just torrent them then instantly forget about them. I’m not sure about all those but I’ve seen Under the Red Hood. They make so many I honestly forget what I’ve seen and haven’t this year I’ve watched these 3 which were amazing.

This one is amazing if you like Constantine but it’s very much a final piece in the arc as they face off against Darkseid

Alternate Universe where Superman land in the USSR rather than the States.

Better than than the Hollywood version

Also the Harley Quinn show which is hugely popular even though no one really seems to know about it.

2 Likes

Haha, I saw that Commie Superman one in related items and was really intrigued, but the majority of comments seemed to suggest it was trash.

I’ll actually give it a go if you say otherwise tbf

1 Like

It’s the weakest of the 3 definitely I just have a bit of interest in politics from the USSR as I done some of it’s history at Uni so I found it pretty novel. One of the side stories in it is Batman is born in the Gulags where his parents were starved/worked to death so he vows to avenge them by killing the Soviet Supreman who failed to save them. It’s probably cooler in theory than it’s actual execution but I do just use these films as background noise as most only last less than 90 minutes.

Also what do you think about the Synder cut coming out? I know they get a bit of a bad wrap but I actually really enjoyed the DC films, I actually think I enjoy the DC universe a lot more than the MARVEL one at the moment.

Also I’m masively excited for this even though I’m not a huge JJ Abrams fan -

I’m quite excited for it because apparently it’s a completely different film that is very unlike the garbage we actually ended up with.

Watchmen was absolutely sick so I actually think Snyder can make good movies when he gets to have the reigns.

Where does the Harley Quinn show stream?

1 Like

You see I didn’t even think that BatVSup or JL were that bad, I love the cast and I think Synder was on the right path maybe a little hamstrung by the production companies. I love his 300, Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen so I do think he’s an excellent director, I think he needed to take the JL in a darker direction but also had to rate it 12 to get the ticket sales.

Ironically a lot of the animated world is actually for mature audiences and it really brings the source material to life. Apokalips War is brutal and would make an amazing live adaption.

Also I torrent Harley Q too because I’m a scumbag and it isn’t on prime or netflix, but I think my mate said he watched the first 5 episodes on Channel 4 or it’s streaming platform - if it has one. I rarely watch British channels. The show itself is running weekly in the states on season 2 which is getting surprisingly good viewing numbers so I’m hopeful it will get S3.

2 Likes