What are you watching?

That’s like asking if Ronaldo has seen himself in the mirror today.

1 Like

Lo ciento

Is that a curb your enthusiasm reference?

I don’t disagree… on the whole. We have a some really, very, awfully horrible comedies. I would include Veep in the bad. I generally don’t like comedies about idiots being shitty to each other. And Veep falls into that category along with Curb You Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then you have a the cornball, laugh track, shitball comedies like Full House and that ilk.

However, we have had some damn funny series. Community, anything Bob Newhart has ever done, I Love Lucy, How I Met Your Mother… there are a lot of great comedies.

You’ve just inadvertently given me motivation to continue on with Veep

2 Likes

I thought it was “sorry” in Castellano :joy:

Now you’ve peaked me interest about Curb!

Ooooft, matey, I was that close to giving your post a like

Haha in the last series of Curb there’s an episode joking about our way of pronouncing c’s and z’s. They get a bit confused and start pronouncing s’s that way, repeating lo siento as if it were spelled lo ciento, hence why I thought it was a reference.

Never got the whole Seinfeld thing. It’s just morons being horrible human beings.

siento is sorry, ciento is 100.

1 Like

See I think this is the fundamental issue with yanks and comedy, you guys actually think something other than that exists, whereas everyone else is operating off the opposite premise.

1 Like

Ahhh! I’ve seen that episode, too (restaurant booking guy who’s at a funeral?)

It’s a shame it was only an inadvertent witticism on my part :pensive:

1 Like

I guess “horrible to each other” is more Curb and Veep. You’re right, though. There’s an unappetising aspect of tasteless comedy and those being nasty to one another.

Britain has its own culprits for that. Look no further than Ricky Gervais

1 Like

I can’t stand that smarmy fuck.

2 Likes

Curb and Seinfeld = best two american comedies (film or series, though Borat was pretty fantastic, and Arrested is close) in my lifetime. Larry David is the exception when it comes to american comedy.

Actually tbf Arrested probably belongs in the god tier with Curb and Seinfeld. Anyways, Larry David is still an exception and we’ll just call Arrested a unicorn.

(Office Space was good too)

1 Like

Marry me!

is curb that good that it’s up there with early arrested?

Then I have to give it a chance. Early arrested was brilliant.

1 Like

I’m still finding 4th season a drag, man :pensive:

I wonder where @NeedCoffee would rate Archer? (No interference @Castiel :wink:)

1 Like

Yeah, curb is fucking brilliant, it’s a bit more uneven than Seinfeld (there are some episodes late on that are quite shit, or some clunker moments in general) but when it hits it really hits. Laugh harder on the best parts of Curb than I ever laugh with Seinfeld tbh.

To be honest, I haven’t watched it. People keep telling me I have to watch it. One day.

1 Like