Watford v Arsenal (PL)

Personally I’d put Pepe for Martinelli. But with games coming thick and fast some rotation needed for sure. Agree it’s not clear cut either.

Definitely need to take the easier points on this run although it pains me to think about Liverpool in the middle of this congestion sandwich.

1 Like

Ramsdale

Tomi / Cedric - White - Gabriel - Tierney

Partey - Xhaka

Pepe - Odegaard - Saka

Lacazette

2 Likes

SEND IIIIITTTT

1 Like

I agree, I would start with Pepe and have Martinelli on the bench.
It’s true, when we play Liverpool we have three games in a week but the games against Leicester and Liverpool are at home, then after that our remaining games are fairly evenly spread apart.

It’s Liverpool who might have a problem with a congested fixture list as they’re going for the PL title, the CL and the FA Cup.
Saying that, it’s a nice problem to have.
They’ve just won the League Cup and are still in with a shout of winning all those competitions, which is preferable to only being in the fourth place trophy. :grinning:

Winning tomorrow takes us 4th :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah and I don’t see United beating City to claim it back.

5 Likes

I didn’t see Spurs beating City either, so hopefully city don’t let us down again.

2 Likes

I think United will win tomorrow as it goes.

I’m afraid of this too. City has looked kind of crap the last few weeks (by their standards at least).

1 Like

Yeah, if Spurs and Everton gave them trouble then a desperate Man Utd could hurt them.
I do think they’ve learned their lesson though. These drops of form from Pep’s sides don’t last long. I think they will win this one.

It’s definitely one of the few times I want City to win. United squad is just so strong we definitely need to be at our best to overcome in the race for CL.

1 Like

Pep’s only won one league game at home v ManUre.

Good omens for ManUre?

Fuck 'em.

1 Like

Buzzing for this match as well as the united/city game after.

4 Likes

Trust my mates to arrange to meet today rather than during the international break :frowning:

Bad luck you had to turn them down then, eh? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Slightly worried about todays game .
Woy can and has an ability to smother The Arsenal with boring tactics and everyone behind the ball .
We need to go at the fast and hard and get a two goal lead early on .
COYG .

1 Like

Top four has been a pretty theoretical dream until this point.

“If we win our games in hand…”
“If United drop points like they should…”
“If…”

But beating Watford puts us in 4th, if only for a short while, with 2+ games in hand on West Ham and United, and 6 points clear of Spurs.

We’ve historically fucked up these opportunities. Been a laughing stock. Fallen away with a whimper.

The lads need to deliver. The trio of Ramsdale, White and Gabriel need to be resolute. Partey and Ødegaard need to stamp their authority on the game. Whoever starts out of Saka, Martinelli, EDB and Pépé need to play without fear.

Huge game and we need to perform.

4 Likes

I’m genuinely shitting myself over this today and I don’t know why. I will admit it’s nice to actually feel something again in regard to our league games. No matter what anyone says this league season has been entertaining, you’ve got to be in the mix to enjoy it.

2 Likes

3-1 Watford guaranteed