Upcoming Films & TV

No haven’t started watching it yet as have lots of other trash to get through first, but it’s on my list. Orville Peck is err something.

1 Like

Off to see the new dungeons and dragons film this afternoon with the sprogs. Seems to have very positive reviews so think I will enjoy it even if that type of fantasy film isn’t usually my cup of tea.

2 Likes
1 Like

Can’t wait, the first one was one of the best superhero movies ever imo

1 Like

Bit of a tangent, but fuck are they doing dropping the “HBO” from their name? The name of their streaming service contains 6 letters and they’re dropping the 3 that actually mean something to people.

2 Likes

That’s probably why though. They want HBO to be associated with quality TV shows. There is a lot of shit on that streaming service.

1 Like

But all of their quality shows are on that platform? What usage are they protecting the name for?

They don’t want it associated with the less quality shows?

Yeah it seems like it’s a bit of that, and also the “HBO” bit actually putting some potential subscribers off.

I get the decision now.

Why did the company decide to drop HBO from the HBO Max name? JB Perrette, president and CEO of global streaming and games for Warner Bros. Discovery, explained the thinking behind the rebranding — while saying HBO will be preserved as a brand within the Max fold.

“We all love HBO, and it’s a brand that has been built over five decades” to stand for “edgy, groundbreaking entertainment for adults,” Perrette said. “But it’s not exactly where parents would most eagerly drop off their kids. And yet Warner Bros. Discovery has some of the best-known kids’ characters, animation and brands in the industry. Not surprisingly, the category has not met his true potential on HBO Max.”

At the same time, “we also want to honor and embrace where we’ve come from,” Perrette added, calling it the “most iconic, trailblazing brand in entertainment. HBO is not TV. HBO is HBO. It needs to stay that way. Which is why we will privilege it in the product experience and also not push it to the breaking point by forcing it to take on the full breadth of this new content proposition.”

Finally.

Maybe would wash off the bad taste of the awful films with their nomark crap actors that have done piss all since.

2 Likes

@Cristo sic him!

1 Like

Reading the books, they always were more suited for a like, 6-10 ep TV series for each one.

Whoa those are strong words

You didn’t like the films?

Also since when are Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Kenneth Brannagh, HBC, David Thewlis, and Ralph Fiennes no mark actors?!

If you meant Radcliffe, Grint and Watson then I think you’re a bit off the mark as Watson is a huge name and Radcliffe is pretty acclaimed for a lot of the smaller independent films he’s done and Grint does get a fair bit of work.

Nothing like the GOT cast for example.

Doesn’t effect the UK anyway as they don’t offer it here as NOW / Sky Atlantic has the exclusive rights to HBO shows

I’ve only watched the first three films, and I honestly didn’t enjoy them, obviously, or I’d have watched the rest of the films lol.

Didn’t capture the magic of the books for me (not even meant to be a pun, I just cba thinking of better phrasing)

Like, what the fuck is Harry Potter with no Nearly Headless Nick, for a start.

1 Like

Do you mean he wasn’t in the films enough?

Peeves* my bad

2 Likes

Ah yea that makes more sense. Haha. I didn’t read the books til about 4 years ago so he was a nice surprise as opposed to someone I missed in the film. I can definitely see how if you’d read the books first you’d be more discerning about the films.

The stand off towards the end of Azkaban is honestly some of the best dramatic scene setting I’ve ever read. Film didn’t capture it at all.

2 Likes