Upcoming Films & TV

Hands of Stone
follows the life of Roberto Duran (Edgar Ramirez), the Panamanian fighter who made his professional debut in 1968 as a 16 year‐old and retired in 2002 at the age of 50. In June 1980, he defeated Sugar Ray Leonard (Usher Raymond) to capture the WBC welterweight title, but shocked the boxing world by returning to his corner in their November rematch, famously saying the words “no mas” (no more.)

Hell or High waters
A divorced dad and his ex-con brother resort to a desperate scheme in order to save their family’s farm in West Texas.

XXX:Return of xander cage

Wonder Woman

Justice league first look

Christopher Nolan has a film coming out next year about the evacuation at Dunkirk.

Also, Mel Gibson has a WWII film coming out this year about a medic & conscientious objector who refused to carry a weapon during the war. He would end up winning the Medal Of Honour for his service.

Sucker for a WWII film me.

Decent reception in Venice for Mel Gibson’s WWII film.

Can’t wait to see it.

1 Like

Mel Gibson doesn’t make good films. That’s all we need to know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not eithen Braveheart?

As a bit of fun, its not bad. In all other respects its a pretty poor movie. I’d rather watch Lethal Weapon lol. But he didn’t direct that…so, um, yeah of all his films I’d probably choose Braveheart.

Apocalypto was pretty damn good imo

3 Likes

So it was the last episode in season 4 of Ray Donovan tonight :cry: :cry: and it was the best episode to date. What a fucking amazing finale to season 4!!! Gonna miss this amazing show big time. I’ve watched it for the past 3 months solid. Watched season 1-3 on sky boxsets then season 4 was just starting on Sky Atlantic when I finished the 3rd one. My favourite ever show. Nothing will ever beat it the characters and plots are so good. Can’t fucking wait for season 5. :heart: Next year :cry:

Started in America last night I believe. I so want this to be good. I like stuff based around historical events. Even alternate history stuff like 11.22.63.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glJzvUunOE

1 Like

You should check out a show that was on in the 90’s here named “Quantum Leap”. It was about this guy who was sent back in time to change historical events. It was pretty epic, and it’s on Netflix. At least I thought it was epic when I was a kid. Which means it probably sucked.

2 Likes

Wash yer mouth out, Quantum Leap was amazing. As was Sliders (Sliderrsssssssss).

Anyway I need a new show to binge on.

Which is preferred, House of Cards or The Borgias?

I’m guessing The Borgias is going to be similar to that other HBO staple ‘The Tudors’ and feature lots of glamorous historical deceit and plenty of shagging, so I may go for House of Cards if it has a little more depth to it.

1 Like

Ever watched Ray Donovan? Very good. First three seasons are on sky box sets. Without a doubt my favourite ever tv series!

I watched about a half season of the Borgia’s before I gave up on account of it being shite.

House of cards I love. Apart from season three which is a bit boring.

Thanks, i’ll give House of Cards a go and have a look into Ray Donovan too, hadn’t heard of that one before

Record 85 countries have submitted an entry for the foreign language category at the 2017 Oscars. Seen 1/85 of the films entered. Not bad. :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Ray Donovan is merely ok. Jon Voight steals a lot of scenes in it I’ll give him that.