Upcoming Films & TV

Tbf Schindlers List isn’t a comedy

1 Like

Absolutely agreed.

This is what I love about the cinema. Big old school blockbusters on the big screen and then the real sort of “event” films like LOTR, Endgame/IW and Harry Potter films.

1 Like

Best cinema experience I ever had was on the top deck of a cruise ship at the back of the boat. Massive open air screen with two bars right behind you. Off my tits on Corona and lime watching Mean Girls in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Probably as close to heaven as I’ll ever come.

4 Likes

Not laughing, but I do remember about 40 odd years ago, me and a couple of mates went to see Jaws, the big movie at the time. Anyway, one mate, Graham I think his name was, thought he was “the man”, we all knew one twat like this I’m sure, and he used to smoke cigars, feck knows why, he just did.
So, we’re in the cinema, and Graham takes a big puff on his cigar, at the exact time the blokes head floats out of the boat, well Graham nearly chokes, and then proceeds to throw up all over some bloke sitting in front of him…Brings tears to me eyes thinking about it, even now…
Good old days…

5 Likes

Hahaha that’s a great story :joy:

Thank you…It is true what they say, school days are some of the best of your life…Funny, I feckin hated school when I was there, but looking back now, some 40 years on, we did have some bloody good times…

Oh yeah. They’re basically the parents from Friday Night Dinner only slightly less goofier and a little more self-aware. But yeah, Jewish parents basically live to be grandparents.

Yeah, see, this is the type of cinema experience I can get on board with :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m the same lol. It was trash while I was there. Exams. Horrible kids. But the friendship you forge with your mates, man, that’s something you can’t put a price on

I love the cinema but the problem is that you have absolutely no control over how many cunts are gonna be in your screening.

People chatting, using their phones and lighting up their big stupid faces, slurping almost empty drinks through straws and noisily unwrapping sweets or eating bags of crisps. These are all things that I hate and I regret going to the cinema in the first place when it means putting up with these things.

Basically, a large portion of people are thoughtless, selfish bastards and they can transform going to the cinema from being an experience I love to one I fucking hate.

4 Likes

Tbf if you’re there I guess the number is always at least one. :laca2:

8 Likes

Quite true, though nobody in the screening would know that because my cuntery is almost entirely manifested in my behaviour online.

5 Likes

This is the way.

Idk if you have them in England but we have a CineBistro (it’s part of a chain) in Baltimore and it sounds like something you’d go for. There are no minors allowed (under 21) there are I think only 30 or so seats per theater, they have on-call booze and food. The seats are pretty spaced out in little groups so you could go with a date and they recline almost flat. The whole chain will probably go bust because of COVID but I saw The Last Jedi there a few years ago and it was amazing. Got a hummus plate, got a beverage. It was all good.

3 Likes

I think that is the future of cinema. Bespoke and not reliant on blockbusters to turn a profit. Gives much more scope for classic or cult film showings and the likes too.

3 Likes

I want a theater that just shows LA Confidential on a loop. Everyone has to dress up in fancy suits to get in.

2 Likes

This is the reason ive never been to see the Rocky Horror musical. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A veteran D.C. journalist (Academy Award® winner Anne Hathaway) loses the thread of her own narrative when a guilt-propelled errand for her father (Oscar® nominee Willem Dafoe) thrusts her from byline to unwitting subject in the very story she’s trying to break. Academy Award® nominee Dee Rees directs her adaptation of Joan Didion’s namesake novel, co-starring Oscar® winner Ben Affleck.

I don’t care how feelgood a moment might be, I can’t abide people cheering and clapping during a film. Fine you can clap or whatever at the end (I think it’s fucking weird) but this stupid trend has to end.

WE’RE BRITISH GOD DAMN IT

1 Like

Saw this on reddit looking epic for a DC UNIVERSE SHOW.

1 Like

Missed out on this. I saw the teaser a while ago and got worried because they didn’t go with an actual trailer.

Looks pretty good. They’re going big with it. Nice.

1 Like