Upcoming Films & TV

Yep.

1 Like

Nah, Chad Kroeger’s Hero please

2 Likes
2 Likes

I never saw the appeal of the Snyderverse. It’s such a cruel grey adaptation of the comics. I know some people absolutely love it, hence HBO’s decision, but it will always baffle me. Take a character who’s always been a cornfed boy scout and make him a whiny asshole? Just feels weird. That and Batman using a gun.

Now that Dolly is trending… coming to Netflix next week

@Midfield_Maestro will be first in line

1 Like

Saw the black and white version and wanted to turn that shit off but managed to make it to the end.
Don’t know how I’ll make it through the actual thing.
I didn’t necessarily hate the theatrical cut that made it out like many did. I would have liked to watch the follow-up with Darkseid too.
Now I don’t know, it just feels too forced. People keep hyping it up but it looks destined to underwhelm.

I never really enjoyed the cinema experience anyway, the model is outdated.

I wonder were this this leaves the UK since sky have the Warner/ Hbo deal for another 4 years I carnt see sky being happy if they release hbomax over here.

Really? It’s a great day or night out

3 Likes

I absolutely love the cinema I usually once or twice a month and will be completely devastated if cinemas die.

Watching a movie at home just isn’t the same, especially if it’s supposed to be a big blockbuster.

2 Likes

I agree, it can be for certain easy going films

But when it comes to films i’m really interested in I turn anti social and only ever find it enjoyable when there are minimal to zero people there. It disturbs my viewing experience/immersion when there’s people moving about or making noises.

With Tenet I waited for the last showing a few weeks after it’s release to ensure I could really appreciate my first viewing. It’s odd I’m aware

1 Like

I’m not a cinema fan. Only go once a year. It’s just not a sociable activity. I’ll sound like a child now, but if I’m out I don’t want to sit still and be silent for 2/3 hours. Shit date activity as well, I used to automatically mark guys down if they suggested that as a first date :laughing:

:santi: Meredith and I had our first date at a movie.

TBF I did take her to dinner first. We very nervous, ordered too many tapas and wound up charging it to a credit card my parents gave me for emergencies because I didn’t have enough money in my account to cover the check. :arteta:

7 Likes

See I think cinema is a perfectly acceptable date idea if you go before dinner. Then you have something to talk about at the dinner and it’s kind of an icebreaker.

1 Like

They got a grandchild out of it so it’s probably paid off long term.

2 Likes

100 percent. Cinema and then a pub for a few pints after. Great stuff.

1 Like

Latest Grand Tour is released on 18th December…I cannot wait, I have really missed these guys and have re-watched all of the last 3 series, many times…So excited…

1 Like

Cinemas are great for a chill night out or for big blockbuster releases. Especially the latter deserve the cinema treatment.
Watching the first screening of Endgame at 00:40 in a packed cinema is still one of the coolest things I’ve experienced.

1 Like

Has anyone ever had that experience of being the only one in the cinema laughing at something that just happened on screen? :joy:

Has happened to me more than once.