Upcoming Films & TV

I think it was good but over hyped to fuck, I have a few problems with some of the casting, pacing and other things but it’s nothing serious.

Overall it was good fun and I hope it runs for a number of seasons, tbh that’s all I really ask for from my Netflix shows, I don’t expect fine art.

I think the source material, probably deserves to be translated with care like the LOTR’s was but we’ve seen that doesn’t always end well as with GOT. Honestly just give me popcorn fun with a bit of culture behind it from the start rather than the pretentious mess of Game of Thrones that literally began as God Tier and ended up as something the SYFY channel would have been embarrassed about - not to mention wasting like 8 years of our lives in the process.

2 Likes

They’ve done alright, the source material has been kept true to.

But yeah, solid 6/10.

I hope it can get better with an increased budget.

1 Like

Switching from DC to Marvel!

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder who he will be playing. Seems most likely that he will be a bad guy, but can’t imagine him as a villain after killing it as Batman.

His legacy as a superhero actor is safe for me, but this could be a real shitfest :arteta:

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:t4:

4 episodes in, it has been excellent so far for the most part

Michael Keaton did exactly that :blush:

2 Likes

I am probably not the best person to comment on this as I only watched the first episode but I got so bored that I couldn’t be arsed to watch the second or any others. Also, my wife binge watched it, finishing it in 2 days, and given how little we have in common when it comes to films or TV, I decided to give it a pass.

Anybody watched Vikings? Any good?

3 Likes

Same question

I’ve seen the first four seasons and then I had to take a break because I was beginning to lose interest massively.

Me and my partner loved the first 3 seasons, always felt like a faster paced Game of Thrones with 2 quite likeable main characters. There really is no harm spending an evening watching the first 2 or 3 episodes of the First season, it really sets the show, the fighting and the characters up perfectly.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. I might give it a shot tonight

I loved the first 2 seasons, I thought they were awesome.

Couldn’t really get into the 3rd season, I’ll have to give it another go.

No. Even though I know a guy who is in it (hes an extra with a few talking bits…apparently) and have told him i love it :joy:

8 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Eh, the people that should criticise them dont, and the people that would criticise them dont have the stage.

I’m glad he said it to them the bunch of twats, even if he is one himself.

He’s like if a cringey 4chan neckbeard got famous. At the very least most of them are self aware.

How is being an atheist in any form ironical to 'being disconnected from the…".
Wearing it like a medal…fine.

Is that Ricky Gervais?

Looks like he’s in quite good shape there haha

Don’t really know what to think of that pic - is it satire?

Is he critiquing people that talk about being Christian?

He’s a multi millionaire taking the piss out of a platform he’s being paid to host. It’s not irony, it’s hypocrisy, but you know that even if you don’t understand it.

1 Like