Upcoming Films & TV

I’m amazed they let him back

1 Like

Just love the way they try to look so neutral and squirming inside.

Give me your dick Ricky. Let me have your babies

3 Likes

Sure they still invite him back next year to do the awards

I wasn’t that amazed given this was the fifth time he’s hosted it.

He didn’t “kill” anything.

It’s what he does, he knows it, the awards people know it. Mentioning Weinstein or Epstein or the paradoxes within Hollywood elite circles is just mainstream conversation now.

Oh how daring of Ricky. Not

5 Likes

BBC running scared of the story.

Absolutely agree. I still find it quite amusing, but it’s the fifth time round now. It’s old hat, not brave or original or anything at all special tbh.

I like the guy and find him funny, but I just watch him in that clip and see him playing his role in Extras or that thing on Netflix where he’s lost his wife to cancer and rages against the banalities of everyday life. Life imitating art here perhaps

1 Like

The contrarians have arrived
“Something everyone loves, let me just hop in to inform that it wasn’t that great”

lol you are one to speak

3 Likes

Sorry everyone, I’d just like to announce that this thread is now a safe space for orthodox Ricky Gervais fans, a perfectly comfortable echo chamber for @Trion and any other Gervais fanboys who cant handle hearing the mildest of critiques, even when it’s from other Ricky Gervais fans.

Unless you’re gonna wank Ricky Gervais off with your lips your opinion is not welcome here.

2 Likes

Quite right

Yes but even in the community of contrarians, we frown & look down upon people who like to harp on about how they didn’t like Friends, never saw an episode of GOT etc. etc.
Lowest of contrarian bunchs they are, I tell you. We don’t sit with them during lunch.

6 Likes

Joaquin Phoenix thanking the organisers for helping climate change by serving vegan meals last night.
Take the scripts away from these cunts and your left with the square route of fuck all.

Imagine stealing shit jokes from cringe Reddit teenagers - a shit joke that’s about 2 weeks out of date- and people are actually impressed.

I could be mistaken, but I see to remember him using the “attack helicopter” line in his latest stand up when doing a bit on transgender people/PC culture.

Its like, come on mate, you’re meant to be one of the finest comedic minds working today according to many, and you’re basically stealing old, hugely prevalent material off the fucking Internet, like really?!

Anyone watching / have thoughts on ‘Messiah’ on Netflix?

Am I the only one who thinks The Witcher was a bit meh?

In fairness, I have two episodes to go, so I should hold fire with any judgements. I guess I was just hoping it would be excellent, but for me it’s turned out to just be fine. I’ll still watch the presumably inevitable second season, it’s still better than loads of other shows so it’s not like it’s worth the time.

The vibe I get from Ricky Gervais is that he’s a racist who likes to take the piss out of disabled people.