Unpopular football opinions

Just thinking in terms of pure talent, I think Gerrard and Scholes were better.

I think Lampard had a better understanding of the game and he was more disciplined.
I’m not sure how Gerrard would look in a more organized setting. At Liverpool he had the freedom to do whatever the fuck he wanted on the pitch.
Scholes didn’t have it as much at Man Utd but Fergie did have a soft spot for him so he probably did let him get away a bit.

They always pop the question to coaches, footballers and other people in football as well.

There have been some that picked Lampard but it’s honestly not a lot.
Majority of them go with Scholes or Gerrard.

Players should wear “0”

1 Like

Leave.

2 Likes

Disgusting. Even the NFL didn’t allow it until like years ago. At least you didn’t suggest “00”.

Well that’d just be ridiculous.

But I love that NFL players can wear 0.

I also grew up during the Arenas era Wiz when he wore 00. Iconic jersey.

Think this goes back more than 10 years but an old Hibs striker came back and his old number 10 was in use so he took 10 backwards :joy:

1 Like

Cursed image.

I love this.

Whoever gets fouled should take the free kick/penalty.

An opinion so unpopular, even the author had to delete it.

11 Likes

Nahh, I was replying to the post above but haven’t read it properly in the first place :pires:

1 Like

It’s a completely different style of football tbh. Henry has actually proven he would have found his way in this mold at Barcelona, but would he have reached the same heights in a more rigid role?

Pires would have made it in the team but on the midfield in that left midfield position in stead of as a left winger I reckon. Would Vieira have been the single pivot or one of the eights? As far as their talent goes they all would have made it into this team, but not in the same role or with the same impact we would imagine.

Lampard was a better passer than KDB. Gerrard is close too.

I genuinely think this, and I don’t expect anyone to agree with me on this.

I just don’t know how Lampard’s playmaking abities, his passing range and vision got forgotten, erased from the public memory. He was an elite passer.

2 Likes

Wearing a club shirt while supporting your country makes you a dickhead.

2 Likes

Not unpopular opinion imo it gives massive main character energy, put it away until August you clown

Think people found Gerrard more aesthetically pleasing with his style.

It’s a shame Lampard was never given the same freedom as Gerrard did. I do deel Gerrard would look nowhere near as exciting had he moved to Man Utd and especially Chelsea.

Mourinho would have stifled Gerrard at Chelsea but under Wenger he’d have been brilliant for us and exactly what we needed.

Unpopular or not that’s a strong opinion I’d say!

Seeing as most of the players looks knackered after a domestic season all international tournaments should be played during the winter.