Unai Emery

that we will lose? :henry2:

1 Like

#UNAIBRIGADE!

I gained some additional respect the boss tonight. Great performance against last season’s CL finalists and the best team in the league atm. We can do a lot under this man if we continue like this, time will tell.

9 Likes

I never really bother with what managers do on the touchline as it doesn’t really say much about their ability, but fucking hell it was nice seeing him pushing us along when we were one behind. Starting to fucking love this man

12 Likes

THE KING!!! Actually love him.

8 Likes

Earned my confidence despite not starting the right personnel and subbing Ramsey in.

City are the best team in the league, just thought I’d correct you on that.

3 Likes

Agreed

Well, I didn’t expect that performance.

We negated their threat really well with our own pressing. We won the ball off them countless times which was my favourite aspect of the game.

Forcing Liverpool into mistakes is a good sign, shows our players have been drilled and knew what their jobs were. Positionally our midfield performed very well.

This game demonstrates the progress that’s been made under Emery in a short space of time.

11 Likes

I feel like I’ve seen a different game. Liverpool had a goal that should have been allowed, van Dijk had a huge 1-v-1 which he should have put past Leno and than there was the actual goal. That’s the minimum of what Liverpool did.

We didn’t really negate anything…

Edit; van Dijk also had a header which ended up on the post.

Well when Liverpool routinely batter teams in the first half of games, or who rip teams open on counter attacks countless times, I think we did well to limit their threat. You’re not going to stop them from getting any chances, we’re not Sachi’s Milan so I have a realistic view of what to expect. Overall, I think we improved drastically on that front compared to the games against Chelsea and City earlier in the season.

There are positives there if you care to look for them.

14 Likes

Well technically their top, so hes right really.

Exactly this , great post . We need to remember and understand we’ve spent nearly a decade declining under Wenger .
Emery has stayto make his mark and going over a dozen games unbeaten is a very credible start .

1 Like

They had the chances. They just didn’t make them. That wasn’t because we nullified them, because we didn’t. It’s honestly a point stolen from a Liverpool perspective.

The positive in the past weeks has been that our opponents don’t make their chances against us, but this Arsenal side absolutely gives a lot away. That’s just fact and not to be negative.

The Chelsea game should have been a draw anyway.

2 Likes

He’s given us a team to believe in again. And that’s all I really wanted :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

You Sir are not going to rain on this parade

14 Likes

This is not the right place to make those kind of observations, indeed :grin:.

Whilst it’s pretty (objectively) evident we leak chances and need to improve on that.

Edit: for a draw btw. Imagine if we would have won. I’d probably gotten an immediate ban :laughing:.

2 Likes

I think 98% on here will admit to that we need a new defence and that we are clearly lacking in that part of the squad. However, to come away with 1 point from this Liverpool game and see us play with real desire and a fresh elan is simply reason enough to be optimistic and joyful about Arsenal post-Wenger.

7 Likes

Who are the 2%? Let’s get them!!

7 Likes

Come away with 1 point? Come on. We maybe lost against them at home twice in the past 10-15 years? Or I am forgetting some defeats.

I can get the real desire and fresh elan part.