Unai Emery

Yeah but this is a very good Liverpool side and thats the difference.

2 Likes

We have a shaky defense, no arguments there, and you are right that we have conceded some easy chances to our opponents in the certain games and have been lucky that they didn’t convert them. But this game was different. This was against, arguably, the best attack in the premier league, and if they couldn’t take their chances against our shaky defense, then maybe we aren’t that bad.

We cannot blame our defense when we concede goals, and then discredit them when we keep a clean sheet or keep a team like Liverpool at bay, saying the opposition wasn’t clinical enough. Besides, you get lucky once or twice in a season, not every other game.

As for nullifying them, the way we dominated possession, didn’t let Liverpool’s press affect us, kept them under sustained periods of pressure while creating some decent chances, I would say all of that went a long way in nullifying their attack. We gave them a game and they know it.

3 Likes

I’ve actually described four very good goalscoring opportunities Liverpool created. We didn’t keep them at bay. Those four moments weren’t the only moments they should have scored. It’s our luck the referee disallowed what seemed to be a valid goal. Just because they didn’t score doesn’t mean we nullified them.

You must be fun at parties.

There are no games at this level where the opponent won’t have clear cut chances. It’s just wishful thinking and your naivety to argue with anyone who is claiming we kept them at bay.
We had upwards of 60% possession, had the better of the game, beat their famed press with relative ease and stopped them from playing their usual game.
Even when they scored, it was against the run of play and we had our fair share of opportunities to win the game and i though we were denied a decent penalty shout.

Klopp has had 3 years with this team, has invested heavily and has them playing arguably the best football in while and in the league has only conceding only 4 goals through the season and yet we still went toe to toe with them and probably had the better of the game, this with new management and coming off our worst season in 2 decades.

Calm the fuck down and chill a bit man.

11 Likes

I need to calm the fuck down when I just make observations of things that actually happened? You can honestly suck my dick.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m done. I’m getting an almost hostile approach and mockery here not by even being overly negative but by actually describing what happened during the game.

1 Like

Yeah there’s no need for any hostility. I can totally see where SDGooner is coming from and like I said during the match day thread, for all the positives it was actually Liverpool who had the better chances to score and on another day that result could have been very different.

2 Likes

I would hate to read any posts when you have been overly negative………

Should it have been allowed (genuine Q)? Mane’s torso was in front of Firminho’s but Firminho’s foot was in front of Mane’s body. How do we judge in front of the ball here when it isn’t clear?

Also all games have ‘what if chances’. What about Lacas offside goal, that looked level to me. Their keeper arguably fouled Mikhi for his header. What if a pen is given? They had their chances and we had ours but that’s all games.

I’m not taking too much from this all the same because while some fans will be talking about what a big change from Wenger this is the fact remains Wenger’s teams actually beat many of the top 6 at home. Drawing at home isn’t something to celebrate.

3 Likes

Lol still can’t let it go. We aren’t celebrating a draw ffs we are celebrating the performance

4 Likes

If football games were decided on the should haves we’d have won about three PL titles since our last one.

There’s definitely improvements needed in this team but I’ve personally waited too long to see this sort of change to start worrying about that this early into Emery’s reign. But each to their own of course.

3 Likes

Don’t know how some of you can be so positive. We conceded chances against one of the best attacks in Europe. Chances I tell ya!

Back to the drawing board.

8 Likes

I’d suggest that telling someone to suck your dick is arguably more hostile than them telling you to chill out haha

4 Likes

I was told to calm the fuck down. Maybe that’s normal language in your circles.

It’s certainly pretty normal language for OA.

4 Likes

Of course it is. I was in the wrong, again, obviously.

1 Like

Let what go? It’s about perspective, it was a decent while not great performance. It wasn’t as good as beating Conte’s Chelsea or Rodgers Liverpool when we played both of them off the pitch. The test will be doing it away from home and over the course of the season.

The whole ‘all hail King Emery we’ve never witnessed anything like this’ when we’re 1 point from 9 against the top 6 is a little cringey

2 Likes

No one is wrong here. It’s a discussion. You have a different opinion and some people are taking a bit of offence to it. Just like every other discussion on here basically.

1 Like

I’ve gotta agree with @arsenescoatmaker on this one, we have often been in these positions come early November and achieved similar results whilst Wenger was at the helm.