Super Mik Arteta

We said the exact same things when Emery took over, its important now to be skeptical than to fall for hype, as soon as results start taking their “expected” course players will lose the intensity just like they did with Emery.

I do like the improvement that we have seen obviously, you can just see how we rely on luck/ mistakes to get goals quite often. “Its not luck its arteta pressing” kolasinic passing it back was mourinho genius etc etc

2 Likes

I think the stats against Liverpool obviously showed that they don’t tell you everything about the game.
If you see a team with only three or four shots and the other with more than twenty as well as more possession, it’s clear which team were the most dominant.

But we pressed them into two mistakes and we were efficient with what we did after.
Liverpool had more chances but if you look at the game overall we probably had nearly as many clear chances as they did.

I know Martinez made a world class save but even that effort was a deflection off one of our defenders.

Like you say, we look a better team than under Emery and, although I’m not totally convinced by Arteta, at least you can see a difference in our play.

2 Likes

:thinking:

But, yes, wholeheartedly agree.

I did think we wouldn’t lose against Liverpool ahead of the game tbh. A win was very nice.

We’ve got to try and build on that tonight. Absolute concentration and we’ve got a chance. If we can try and at least impose ourselves in midfield, fashion just one or two clear cut chances (like we did on Wednesday) and hope that we’re clinical without Auba bottling it in a big game, we’ve got a fighting chance

3 Likes

So we concede 33% less under Arteta, score about 15% more and we are facing about 15% less shots. Plus more wins, less draws and less losses (obviously).

Doesn’t sound too bad for less than 20 games in the job.

2 Likes

But the results aren’t exactly good like that unbeaten streak under Emery. Six draws and four losses. Arsenal are already losing those points.

We see however better cohesiveness, foundations of proper pressing etc… We have an injury to deal with. Mari might fill it all in better then Kolasinac.

I promise randomly slid a little bit down on the Emery thread and by chance landed in the Liverpool game…actually amazing luck if I say so myself

^^

I just see absolutely no improvement in actually attacking and creating chances despite have Lacazette Aubamayang Dani Ozil Pepe and saka at his disposal. And it worries me.

We are creating even less than we did with Emery. We still allow alot of shots with our style of play and his subs are fucking terrible thus far.

I really just want a proven manager at this point I feel we are going to spend next season being lacklustre again and be 100% fucked for the future.

United spent most the season with Fred mctominay Daniel james martial and lingard in their starting 11 and are challenging top 4 …with Ole at the helm. I hate most of our current players, but we have alot of talent in there if we had a competent manager.

2 Likes

I agree there is no improvement going forward. But Ozil is on his way out, Pepe is a bit of a blind horse at this point and Auba/Laca aren’t great either in creating. Of course we are going to suffer in that regard?

We give up shots, but stats guy are also high on what kind of and where on the pitch those shots are given away. How do they think we do in that regard? Because I feel like under Arteta Arsenal is in a lot less dangerous situations than under Emery.

We have talent, but the squad is not in balance. Before Bruno Fernandes the gap was 4 points between us and United. During their current stretch of unbeaten games they also got Pogba back who was injured for most of the season. Is it just competence of the manager?

1 Like

well he’s got 30 points in 18 games, love an OA anno 2017 comment on that, rabble rabble, joke’s aside what I take from those stats is that there isn’t much difference, we concede a bit less and that’s the story I keep hoping for. We create less but we turtle the last 30 mins every game, that’s a choice and will skew stats. I hope it is because we’re restructuring from the back and this is on purpose. I have no idea if it is but could be, and could be good long term.

We look like dog shit last 30 every game, though players are the same as with last manager, Ceballos and Leno/Emi slightly better probably, a few others slightly worse maybe. However we look good first half quite often, 2 halves of first half quality and we’d be great, we should not underestimate that that’s the end game (pun?) from Arteta.

New managers can get a boost early on knowing how everyone else plays but no one knows how they play. Not sure I see that. I hoped for a systematic difference coming out of the 'rona break since we should’ve had a couple of months to do nothing but work on our style of play but I’m not sure I did, City twatted us and it felt like we stole 4 points off of Leicester and Liverpool.

Also we have 2 games left against #17 and #19 in the table, they should maybe end up helping his “stats” a bit.

The bigger problem is the challenge of the other teams ahead of us. Outside of Leicester who are at least temporarily better than us.
We can tick a few boxes here and there but nowhere enough improvement to be realistic challenges to the top 4.
Yeah I know we have a window coming up, but so do they. The problems deep and long term.

2 Likes

Tonight is his result.

If he gets a trophy out of this team in this, of all seasons, he’s a lego-haired Jesus.

7 Likes

If not for individual mistakes against Leicester and Tottenham, we would have been looking at near perfect results against top teams.

I am really confident with Arteta in charge.

4 Likes

Just might of been the result that’s going to kickstart his managerial career upwards. Major confidence boost.

1 Like

Tremendous. Brilliant first half. We bratwursted in the 2nd but defended much better and got some well earned revenge :arteta: properly executed plan :xhaka2: Fabulous, bossman :+1:

1 Like

Arteta is the fucking guy. We are building something special here.

5 Likes

Some of us always had faith in this man :sunglasses: Probably the best manager to ever exist.

3 Likes

Yep. I think it’s so clear to see that something special is brewing with Arteta at the helm.

8 Likes

I mean I do agree with you.

But, the benchmark for our team hasn’t been set. I mean, you review 2020’s results alone (ie Arteta’s Arsenal) and we’re second or third.

Need a stronger litmus, but this is looking good.

1 Like

EdO5cWoWsAEi1pR

15 Likes

Real Fucking Deal.

These two results are unprecedented, mind blowing, to pull both off in the space of a week.

We are going places with this guy, no doubt in my mind.

2 Likes