Unai Emery

Mata didn’t play under Wenger.

So shots not fired :wink:

I meant that Wenger never studied our opponents, while Emery always does it. Big difference compared with Wenga.

17 Likes

Love that

2 Likes

Tears in my eyes.

1 Like

We have a great, great manager. Confident for the future.

Out of curiosity do other managers do that? Can’t say that I’ve seen that ever done before haha

Shows mad intelligence to allow that to happen. Could never see Wenger allowing Bould to do that. Good too see.

2 Likes

Well it is good but we still look poor so far in defence. Its the way forward tbf.

2 Likes

I mean it’s nice and all but I would expect a manager to be in tune with both side of the game.

That said I guess that dude did more work with research on opponent and that’s why he has a say.

1 Like

It’s all well and good but it’d be even better if we looked like we were being coached to defend and to deal with set pieces.

3 Likes

We don’t have the right players to play at the back, tbh.

1 Like

Unfortunately always a big ask with big Shkod involved

1 Like

Unfortunately these things don’t change overnight. Most of our back line will need to be replaced before we see any radical difference.

1 Like

It’s interesting to watch the splitting of responsibilities but letting a defensive coach do the coaching of the…defence is hardly revolutionary. Compared to Wenger it is, but we’re just getting back on level terms with our rivals with this sort of approach.

3 Likes

Maybe during training. But I don’t recall any of our rivals having a similar set up during matches.

Yeah well it took Klopp 3 seasons to turn Liverpool’s defence from rather poor to one of the best in the country.

3 Likes

Fair to a point but im just as concerned with the lack of cover and support from midfield. Not sure how much thats down to tactics or need for new players.

Don’t let him down on his birthday you cunts!

13 Likes

Ian Wrights birthday too. Written in the stars this.