Unai Emery

Anyways it’s kind of a pointless discussion at the moment I must confess, as our attack seems to be working given the amount of goals scored.

The defence though sadly is still a shambles and we are still on pace to concede 50 this season, hopefully Emery solves this problem in the next 12-18 months.

As for this season I will also add it’s imperative we beat Wolves & Bournemouth coming up as Liverpool, Spurs & United ( away) are in our next 5 and I’m not sure how much change we get out of those.

Can’t see us losing at home against Liverpool and the Scums.

Aussie gona Aussie :wink:

2 Likes

Can’t see us beating Liverpool, draw or loss, Spurs is an interesting one, anything could happen that game.

It’s like Paul Merson is a secret member of this site.

1 Like

Aussie=Paul Merson? :cech: :mustafi:

Aussie is far too literate to be Paul Merson lol

7 Likes

Yeah he doesnt call Aubameyang Abamenyan.

3 Likes

Cmon Gunning Merson is predicting us to get belted by Liverpool is he not ? I’m predicting Liverpool edge it 2-1 or score draw. Cheers @JakeyBoy

We are at home at least have a bit of faith. It’s fucking Liverpool we shouldn’t be scared of them.

Plus Unai has already beaten Klopp.

1 Like

I said we may draw what’s wrong with that ? Facts are we haven’t beaten Liverpool at home in our last 3 meetings, they’ve conceded 4 goals all season and we rarely keep clean sheets. Taking all that into account it’s unlikely we win.

But would you not rather think we have a chance of winning? Means you can look forward to the game more

1 Like

The 2016 Europa League final was a masterclass from our king :unai:

I just try and look at it logically for what it is, until we show we can start winning more than 1 or 2 of our games against the fellow top 6 I won’t be going into them with much expectation. I’d love nothing more than to us play our best defensive game for the season and inflict Liverpool’s first defeat on them.

From what we’ve seen Liverpool and City(proven) are the exact type of sides we are gonna have mares against with their excellent high pressing. Would be a great showcase actually of how much we have improved since that opener. COYG!

1 Like

We have to play well from the first minute on saturday because our “second half masterclass” wouldn’t be enough against Liverpool.

“What’s special about Unai is the way he communicates. In his talks, he used to write three, four or five things on the board: those were the points he was going to bring up. Sometimes it was five phrases or metaphors he was going to explain"

“Unai is the manager who works hardest at set-pieces. And he would change tactics depending on who we were facing. He was constantly coming up with new ideas.

“We were often surprised, because it could seem very complicated and you had to concentrate a lot, apart from anything else trying to remember what the plan was for different games, because it changed all the time!”

Changing tactics based on the opponents? What is this lunacy?!

5 Likes

Changing tactics depending on the opposition is going to revolutionise football.
Like you say, it’d almost lunacy but if it works I can see it catching on and other managers copying the idea.

What other crazy tactics has Emery got up his sleeve?
He’ll be changing tactics and making substitutions at half time next.

It’s like his from another dimension.

1 Like

Wenga shot fired :henry2: