UK General Election announced for 8th June

The Tories will win by a considerable distance.
If there’s any chance of Corbyn getting remotely close then you can be assured the right wing media will lie and say anything to stop it happening.
You can also guarantee that most Tories would go and vote if there was a hurricane, because they are desperate to stay in power.
You can also guarantee that there will be massive cuts to public spending after the Tories have won.
They are going to take full advantage of this situation, and are going to rip off the very voters they have lied to, in order to get their vote.

I’m fucking hate Scottish Labour :weary: but I’m gonna have to bite my lip and vote for them for the sake of Corbyn.

8 Likes

Pls no

1 Like

I don’t believe this poll.

Yougov has Labour within touching distance and predicts a hung parliament, the big concern being whether increased votes actually translates into seats. Ipsos Muri yesterday even put Labour ahead, but reduced Labours points believing that the young vote won’t come out, but I have a feeling it will hold up due to the Jezza factor. London is polling brilliantly for Labour.

If I had to guess I would go for a slightly increased majority for May; but I still have a slight feeling Labour will do even better than that.

3 Likes

Aye mate :wink:

1 Like

I’m going for 333 seats for the cunts.

Having a hard time getting on board with any of the optimistic vibes going round.

1 Like

Wash your mouth out with soap and water, and come back with a better number!

1 Like

ICM had a poll with very depressing number. Young people jeed to get off their arse.

@Calum you’re better off voting SNP mate, they will help Corybn in power and a vote for Labour will split the anti-Tory and let them in the back door.

Actually it depends on your constituency I guess, vote for who you want :grinning: We had the same discussion earlier in the thread actually.

I’m constantly split. I vary from small con maj to a significant majority.

I just hope the Labour vote mobilises tomorrow. If I don’t see a large young turnout (regardless of vote) then I’ll be VERY disappointed in my generation.

Also, good man @Calum, Scottish Labour are rather shite so kudos for backing Corbyn despite them!

Can I rely on fellow election nerds posting in here tomorrow throughout the night then? :smiley:

1 Like

But I was predicting the same thing you were!

Sorry if already posted :grin:

1 Like

context?

I’ve already washed my mouth out with soap and water. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Final YouGov poll has a Tory lead. Not sure how they weighted it compared to the one they ran late last week/ early this week. They may have reduced the expected young voter turnout I guess.

I have a feeling Labour will do exceedingly well

This is complete rubbish tbh. Race isn’t an issue for someone like Trump. Race is an issue for someone like Abbot. Trump is a rich white man born in a wealthy white family. Abbot is a black woman in a profession that has largely been dominated by white men.

Tbh I find it sad just how relevant an excuse it still is these days and I’ll always find it laughable how often white people tell people of colour and other races how the race excuse is just an excuse and it’s overplayed. And how people of colour should just get on with it and stop feeling so hard done by because slavery is over and racism isn’t nearly as prevalent as it used to be.

3 Likes

Haha yes Scotty!! :joy:

https://twitter.com/ScottGShore/status/872568372696932353

4 Likes

I didn’t know so many of the working classes that buy the Sun were so pro big business, anti marxist, anti union and in the top 5% of earners set to face “massive tax hikes”.

I’ll let them have Marxist extremist actually since I’d bet most of their readers don’t really know what it means. Sounds like something Hitler or terrorists would do so it can’t be good. They should have just played it safe though and gone for communist scum.

1 Like