UK General Election announced for 8th June

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/election-polls-labour-conservative-winner

The last time I wanted a result so bad was the independence referendum.

Expecting disappointment again :joy:

2 Likes

Daily Record front page which is basically the Scottish version of The Mirror

4 Likes

Gateshead for Corbyn.

Now thatā€™s the fucking free press doing what itā€™s supposed to.

2 Likes

Kaner was of the understanding that the overwhelming hatred targeted to Dianne had to be because she was black and female, like that is the only possible reason.

Trump gets far more hate, and is neither black nor female. Obama did alright before him though in contrast!

But hey, be a victim all your life, your choice.

4 Likes

I had to laugh how they top off that list with meaningless labels like Marxist Extremist, of which the general public has got no clue what it means or stands for, but they have been conditioned well enough to think it is pretty bad. No regard for whether Corbyn actually is one or not.

I think the polls have shown and increased Tory lead in past couple days. I think since Theresa May talked about abolishing the Human Rights act.

Young people should just get out and vote. I know I keep repeating it but that is because it is CRUCIAL.

I mean, they got what they want now, in terms of a peader they can vote for so they have to for the love of god.

If anything is to happen, I need to hear about record levels of turnout or something similar

Yes mate but maybe you should be able to comprehend that as a black woman a lot of the hatred directed at her goes far deeper than her just being an idiot and might actually have something to do with the fact that she is a black woman.

Trump is not a figure of hatred and isnā€™t mocked because heā€™s a white man because letā€™s face it - being a white man puts you at absolutely no disadvantage in the world whatsoever. None. Zero.

Being a black woman already puts you at a disadvantage and a quick search of Abbots name on social media will show a ridiculous amount of insults directed at her on the basis of both her gender and her race.

And thatā€™s another one of the famous lines people use.

ā€œBe a victim all your lifeā€

Do something to stop discrimination on the grounds of race and/or gender and youā€™ll find people wonā€™t claim victim. Itā€™s really that simple. The fact that itā€™s still viewed as an achievement when a woman or a person of colour rises to the top of their profession tells you everything we need to know about where weā€™re at in that regard.

Iā€™m done on the topic anyway. Itā€™s something Iā€™m passionate about and I donā€™t think you truly understand the scale of how bad it is so youā€™ll just see ethnic people and women as people who can cry victim all the time instead of just getting on with things.

2 Likes

You assume an awful lot. Yes I think quitting now would be smart. :slight_smile:

You make it easy to assume when you drum out all the same generic lines that Iā€™ve heard a thousand times for everyone with the same type of mindset.

1 Like

Surprised you donā€™t see the irony in what you are saying. :smile:

If you like iā€™ll loan you my white privilege membership card for a day? Iā€™d let you use it longer but, I need my white man perks!

Done mine

3 Likes

Yeah Obama did absolutely fine, itā€™s not like he faced unprecedented calls to prove where he was born based entirely on the colour of his skin. A scandal in part fired up by Donald Trump, he was certainly a figurehead of it. Itā€™s not like Obama faced absolutely unprecedented opposition from the GOP, with them refusing to work with him on any of his legislation whatsoever, even the stuff that they had previously supported. They treated him in a way that they had never treated a Democrat president before.

Obama faced massive levels of abuse from the public and people like Trump, in large part due to the colour of his skin. You speak as if youā€™ve never heard of the birther movement. Trump gets such levels of hate because of the things he says and does. Itā€™s entirely different. Trump is hated because heā€™s a dishonest, bigoted, racist, corrupt, sexist, hypocritical committer of sexual assault.

You sound like you have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Also, imagine being a white man and telling a person of colour talking honestly about the issue of racism that they choose to be a victim. Fucking total embarrassment.

7 Likes

Hereā€™s another roundup from your friendly neighbourhood social justice warrior.

Oh and FYI? Dianne Abbott? Also a racist Bigot.

That actually proves his point and not your own. Diane Abbot is unelectable and Trump is electable despite the fact heā€™s more incompetant and far more dishonest than her. She also hasnā€™t got the free passes heā€™s had.

2 Likes

it would if she couldnā€™t get a job in the first place. But she couldā€¦

Yea you keep repeating that nonsense. Saying ā€œWest Indian mothers try hard for their kidsā€ doesnā€™t imply other people do not.

You think sheā€™s gone her whole life uttering just those few words? Who is she, groot?

Jesus christ.

1 Like

Have you voted yet? :wink: