UK General Election announced for 8th June

I think that’s a question you should ask yourself. Mr agenda.

You’ve been waiting for months to reignite this debate about racism about I have an agenda ffs

No I really haven’t. I assure you.

Your unwillingness to answer a perfectly simple question, and clear bias towards the topic at hand have led me to identify that you do indeed, have one.

Why you deny it is beyond me. Be biased, have a belief. Just stand by your convictions rather than beating about the bush trying to claim impartiality or objectivity when it simply isn’t the case.

This back and forth is getting a bit tiresome. You’re both approaching the discussion with good intentions but neither of you seem to really be addressing each other’s arguments, in some of the posts it doesn’t even seem like the two of you can agree on what it is you’re discussing haha.

Step it up a bit or knock it on the head I reckon.

3 Likes

I told him from the start I wasn’t interested TBF

Of course you are. You just don’t want to be challenged on it.

Very true mate, Dianne Abbott is trolled horribly. It’s often very personal as well. I would be very surprised if there wasn’t correlation between that and her being female and black. I don’t think we even have another black female of note in politics.

1 Like

I think it’s fat people more than race tbh. A fatty is always fun to tease and you can’t get in trouble for it!

Why doesn’t the race issue come up like this with Donald Trump?

It’s barmy that people are given a free pass to cry racism at any point they want just because they feel hard done by. It’s the ‘go to’ excuse, and it really needs to stop being pandered to.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed this thread all the way through the campaign, some really well thought out points of view on both sides and quality discussion. It’s a shame now the election’s here that can’t be maintained. I look forward to a decent discussion resuming when the casuals clear off in a few days time.

Yeah, kaner. :iwobi:

lol I’ve been on this forum for 10 years

And again id like to point out I said I did t want to talk to you about it the very first time you quoted me

Some of the abuse towards her is harsh. But when you’re in the spotlight during an election, you have to accept this element of attack. Fail to prepare then prepare to fail. All parties sre tying to shit on each other as much as possible. Its the way it works.

1 Like

I’m feeling terribly nervous now. Yesterday I was super confident, and totally convinced Labour would get a hung parliament - but now the nerves are setting in.

All I am hoping now is that a) people are wise enough not to fall for the Tories on security, and b) that we get a nice, bright, sunny day on polling day.

Weather forecast sucks though.

2 Likes

Aye it does. Don’t you live abroad?

Not anymore, mate. Been living in London for the past 2 years. I’ll be out tomorrow - no doubt in the storms (because God is obviously a fucking Tory!) banging on doors to get the vote out.

If anyone reading this is a Labour supporter - tomorrow is the day, find your local Labour operations centre, or ideally one from a marginal, and spend the whole day knocking on doors, getting that vote out. If we lose, the NHS is done for, not to mention schools. Tomorrow is vital.

2 Likes

Depressingly I expect a significant Tory majority. I’m sure on exact firgyes but I think they could get a majority of 70+

At the start of this campaign I felt the same. I don’t think so now. A slightly increased majority I think is now the worst case scenario. For one thing Labour have a lot of safe seats left.

“2002”

The right-wing media are getting desperate. Good sign.