UEFA Women's EURO 2022

If we play like this you have nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We were pretty poor first half v Spain to be fair

Hup Holland Hup! A win here and they play Germany in Milton Keynes. Just might have to try to get tickets if they can beat France.

Can’t watching. I’m at the bowling alley :santi:

No TVs? They aren’t playing it there? :upside_down_face: It’s a lively start. Was hoping them or England would’ve played at MK earlier. Not sure the cost of tickets for the semi-final.

similarities with the game between us and Belgium here I feel, France should’ve won this comfortably on regular time. Now let’s see what happens.

Need to be quicker with passes. Not enough movement or support up top. Miedema needs service and help. She doesn’t look 100% but she also hasn’t had many opportunities.

That second half was better but we’re still not creating enough chances.

1 Like

Ffs. Not the way you want to go down. VAR gonna give it.

has to be a pen :santi:

Some poor decision making in the final third and in defence. They’ve also had some brilliant last ditch defending, but damn. Pen is not how you want to lose.

Pen for who?

for Fra unfortunately :santi:

France. They up 1-0

wow that could’ve been a straight red for Miedema tbh. not nice.

This ref. Letting so many fouls go right now. It’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Well, only one side to back now. Come on England. Was really hoping for an England v Netherlands final. Oh well. Just really sucks to lose to a pen.

yes, all refs all tournament imo, it’s insane. girls are literally pulling shirts for like 5 seconds straight, shirt is standing like a fucking sail, refs are all like “nah, play on”. pretty crazy tbh lol

1 Like

It’s kinda good though right? (When you aren’t overly invested) to see a game just flow like these do.

I’m not saying it’d be possible in the men’s game of course.

Absolutely to some degree, I like that you can watch just minutes of continuous play, but imo that is because they mostly don’t play as cynically as men do (for example how they engage in duels in the middle of the pitch etc.).

But when they tactically smash one other to prevent goal scoring opportunities for example the refs have to blow the whistle and surprisingly often they haven’t here :sweat_smile: they’ve also been very relaxed about yellow cards as well.

I like that they don’t foul as much, but when they do refs need to call them on it.

2 Likes