UEFA Champions League

We’ll give him credit if they make the Semi Finals, given it’s something they’ve failed to do under any other manager in recent times despite all the money.

I think he’s a good manager and I think he’ll do well at PSG because the players have taken to his ideas. I just don’t think he deserves any credit whatsoever for doing what is expected of him.

1 Like

A semi final is not what hes been brought in for and not really any credit in it for a club this size. World of difference for a team like Roma last season in comparison on investment.

Yeah given investment PSG should be consistently making the final 4 of the CL, but for whatever reason they’ve failed to get beyond the QF under all recent managers.

This is a team built to win the CL. If he fails to win it this year or the next, then Tuchel will be tossed aside in the scrap heap like many before him.

1 Like

Arsene was in his parents house, they broke bread together…

So fucking close.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget that R9 had 145 goals in 153 games, was World Soccer player of the year, European golden boot winner, La Liga top scorer, FIFA World Player of the Year and a World Cup winner himself by the age of 20/21.

Not to mention he did this playing at inferior teams :slight_smile:

Mbappe is a phenomenon no doubt but I don’t think he’s R9 level phenomenon. He’s not as well rounded as R9 was.

4 Likes

Goes without saying all that, R9 will forever be the man. Still thought the initial stat was cool though!

1 Like

Undoubtedly. Mbappe is a phenomenon and I think he’s a generational talent and the most exciting teenager since Messi broke through.

9 Likes

Now I have someone to blame. :sunglasses:

Heja BVB!

2 Likes

Be honest you just love the ynwa song since youve been watching Liverpool. Celtic on thursday night im thinking.

2 Likes

I have been a proud member since about 2011 :kos2:

United’s depth is not that big in the end, tbh. As soon as they lost Lingard and Martial, they collapsed.

:smirk:

2 Likes

Yeah, they stole it. :slight_smile:

What do we expect tonight? Ajax - Real?

Real should comfortably win this game, even though it is away from home. Ajax is in a dire form since the new year. Real on the other hand picked up some form.

And the Scum vs. BVB. I predict the scum to win it at home, but Dortmund to advance on the return leg.

1 Like

They definitely look more a team without Neymar in it. He’s a weakness and a strength for them. Him and Cavini don’t track back so having three players not doing doesn’t help the defensive side of things. PSG will leak goals agaisnt better sides. I don’t see them winning it.

I think Dortmund are a proper team. Reus is back to his very best and they got some good young players mixed in with some experience. I could see them scoring an away goal or two tonight. Spurs are there for the taking just in the PL not a lot of teams take their chances agaisnt them.

I think AJAX will make a game of it at their place, but Real are on a good run. They won the Madrid derby, have won 5 games straight in the league and drew with Barca on Thursday at the Nou Camp. It’s clicking for this Real team at the right time. I’m going real to win this 3-1

1 Like

Don’t think he’ll be playing mate. Looks like he’s out injured

3 Likes

Again, poor guy just can’t catch a break can he. He was knocking in the goals for Dortmund this season. If he wasn’t so injury prone Dortmund would have sold him off for big money to a Real or Barca. Guy’s a superb talent just struck with awful injuries.