UEFA Champions League

PSG controlled from half time but Martial and even Lingard where big losses. French clubs attack though was always going to create a few big chances and united threat was non existent after half time.

Heā€™s supposed to be making runs too lol.

The red card encapsulated his performance tbh

He lost it even in his last few months in a Arsenal Jersey. His last full season is the best you ever see of him, doubt he reach the heights of that season again.

He just seems like that type of guy, who clocks in and out at the end of the day. Doesnā€™t want to make mates and is all about his family. I say it was like that before he came to Arsenal and it continue on wherever he goes after Utd.

1 Like

You are been very kind to Rashford. Mbappe is on a different planet to Rashford. I think he be a very good Utd player, who score 20 a season but he be overshadow by someone. He probably be like his new manager, score a ton of goals but always in the shadow of someone else. With Mbappe the sky is the limit for him, feel he be at Real in the next few years. The guy is a special talent.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s a given, that he will massively improve a few years down the line (like it happens in FIFA/FM games). There are tons of players that peaked in their early 20s, like Michael Owen.

If you look at Usain Bolt, his WR came when he was what 20, 21? And given how much of his game is based on his acceleration ā€¦
He is one injury away from never reaching his current level again.

=====
But right now heā€™s undoubtedly the most exciting prospect in world football, certainly. But even so his stock is a bit overvalued, if you ask me.

1 Like

Martial didnā€™t do much even before he went down to a Injury. Lingard huffed and puffed but didnā€™t cause them any trouble. Rashford at the near post shot and that was it for him.

Psg won it in midfield. Pogba was marked out of the game. Mbappeā€™s pace caused Utdā€™s defense a ton of problems and Di Maria was a man possessed wanting to stick it to UTD fans.

PSG were in control from minute one, they barely look rattled.

1 Like

Stunning performance PSG.

3 Likes

Rashford is pretty clinical, IMO.
No doubt Mbappe is much better, but Rashford is pretty good also.

He already has a terrifying speed right now and elite shooting skillsā€¦ I donā€™t expect him to be faster or shoot the ball harder, more accurateā€¦
but I do expect him to be more mature, making better decisions and play better team ball.
Even if he slow down a bit, and shift a gear down, he is still faster than 90% of the defenders.
He is pretty matured psychologically at his age, and I expect him to be a much all round player than just simply relying on speed.

2 Likes

Tuchel doing the buisiness for PSG in the CL. Glad Mbappe scored to make up for that guilt edged chance he missed in the first half.

As for the other game, I feel that Portoā€™s away goal may well be a really decisive factor.

Still not convinced by him 2 years ago.

1 Like

What exactly has he done lol? They struggled through their group and were very fortunate Napoli werenā€™t more clinical. There only clinical performances were against Red Star and the home fixture vs. Liverpool.

They beat a United team that, whilst good, are nothing special that itā€™s a tremendous achievement. PSG have the better squad anyway.

2 Likes

And he is already out of one of the domestic honors which according to the measurement Emery was subjected to is a massive failure, but at least Emery lost one of the honors to an actual good team, while the French league is as one horse race as it can be this year.

Even without Cavani and Neymar PSG are still light years ahead of Man United so itā€™s no real feat that they got a result.

3 Likes

They had the toughest group in the competition though, so topping it is a good achievement. Liverpool are a top 5 side in Europe and Napoli will now be the best side in the Europa League.

United were on a run of 10 wins in 11 games, including away wins at Spurs and Arsenal. PSG got struck down by injury and went to OT and made United look like West Ham.

2 Likes

From one night only Iā€™ll join @Persona in the OA BVB fan club

komm auf dich gelb und schwarz!! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Winning the CL might be some evidence that Tuchel is the real deal. Beating this united team and topping one cl group on eleven points!!! means nothing.

5 Likes

1 Like

Never forget that 5 minutes in Summer 2017 when I thought we had a chance of signing him.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s long enough for Wenger to say ā€œwe triedā€ and then put him on the very long list of world class players that he has compiled of all the players he had chance to buy but was out bid by other clubs, because the player didnā€™t meet with his valuation. :grinning:

1 Like

So we about to start giving Tuchel credit for beating Manchester United in the Champions Leagueā€“ and for winning 3 of their group games (2 of which came against Red Star) lol?? They were very fortunate to come out of the Napoli fixtures with any points at all.

3 Likes