Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

I do get what you are saying here but I kind of see that as an individual upset and really, not our business. It’s going to depend on the age, the sport and the coach’s attitude but for the most part when we hear about this it’s quite an isolated issue. No less hurtful to someone who feels hurt by it but if you break it down to base level, a local school, these people are probably friends with the person and don’t really mind at all, are happy for them.

I can’t prove that but it makes sense to me that’s how it would be. When you start going up the levels and competition matters more then it becomes a little trickier and this is why I’d keep my focus there. I’d be of the view that this isn’t affecting girls sports at the base level. If anything, there are vastly more opportunities for girls at that level today than there were when either of us were kids and if we look at it five years from now that will probably only grow.

1 Like

Tbf you might have a point here. My daughter has just made the Netball team at secondary school and made the team.
This did cross my mind when I posted and was part of my reasoning.

1 Like

So do explain how a male xy chromosome becomes xx.

So do please explain the existent of God.
(Going full whataboutism here, it’s in fashion lately).

1 Like

Mate the was the weight lifter in the Olympics (people focus on his loss but he did win other medals during the Olympics) , few days ago the cyclist got banned from taking part in the women’s team on a technicality, ncaa is elite (again he beat silver Olympic medalist), falon fox mma injured few fighters putting one in hospital with a caved in orbital bone. Because you don’t pay attention and yes a lot more women are waking up to this and making noise.

My friend when politicians can’t even define what a woman is that’s a big problem. Women are not chest feeders, womb haver and etc. it’s crazy how people think that almost 50% of the population has to change the definition that describes them and concede on spaces that caters to they needs and safety for 0.04% with mental issues

1 Like

Your use of whataboutism is just a way to say You don’t have a rebuttal/can’t engage with what was said so you throw out a meaningless word. Have a good day sir

Laurel Hubbard is not an Olympic medalist.

NCAA is not elite. The World Championships and Olympics are the elite levels of swimming.

I’ve already said the Fallon Fix fights should not have happened.

Pay attention to what? I know plenty of women, I’ve never heard one of them talk about this issue. For the most part people just want to let other people get on with their lives.

Stop pretending you care about womens rights. But also, stop pretending that someone calling themselves a woman when you don’t see them that way has an affect on them rights. Or by all means prove it with some facts rather than feelings.

I have 7 nieces womens rights is at the top of the list mate. And of course I don’t see a man in a dress as woman because it’s a man is a dress regardless of what he thinks he is. Let’s end here because no matter what is said nothing will change you position on it

1 Like

And in that my point was proven. Atleast I have the good taste to acknowledge when a change of discussion occurs. Go(o)d day to you.

Why does pretending to be a woman in order to win have to be at an elite level before it matters.
I couldn’t really care less if a footballer in the Conference League scored a few goals to beat another team but was later found to have failed a drugs test, but I’m sure some do.

I think you’ve answered your own question there and spoken to something that’s a much, much bigger issue too (drugs in sport) and doesn’t attract half the attention this issue seems to.

It’s cheating, whatever way you look at it.

But you don’t care about one and do the other? :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

Just because it doesn’t affect me doesn’t make its right.

I never said it was right.

Neither of them affect you. Why care about one and not the other?

It seems only men seem to be bothered by transwomen in sport here, what’s the problem transwomen aren’t stopping any women participating in sports nor are they stopping any women win events or medals.
It seems another case of someone being outraged on someone else’s behalf.

2 Likes

None of what you have said is wrong really but it’s the same both ways for me, I don’t think trans (previously men) should compete in womens sport and trans (previously women) should compete in mens sport. Otherwise why even differ in the first place? Just have 1 overall mixed sport.

Just because Stroller identifies as a woman doesn’t mean he is one physically. Of course there’s more to it than just the obvious change and people undergo hormone therapy but I don’t think (please show me the science if its out there) anyone who undergoes the operation can fully alter their composition to be that of the opposite sex, therefore there will always be some advantage/disadvantage. If I’m wrong on that - fair enough.

I’m not gonna pretend to understand the topic enough to bang on that I’m definitely right but, based on that high-level understanding, I don’t see any way other than separate categories for transgender people to fairly compete. Then you get the awkward situation where those who fully ‘identify as a man/woman’ will feel unjustly treated, so there’s no perfect solution but I don’t think it’s something to ignore and not care about because the frequency is currently low. Organisations should be looking at this now and working out how to include everyone in a fair manner going forward.

1 Like

They’re trans-women, and not biological women.

It’s really not complicated.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough and I don’t disagree. There’s a post somewhere in here saying maybe people in this situation just need to accept high level sports aren’t for them and ultimately what’s more important, which I agreed with. I think people keep assigning me views I don’t actually hold here because I’m arguing a particular point which is that a lot of people (I don’t mean to lump everyone into the same boat here) getting exercised about are taking out of both sides of their mouth. They didn’t care about these sports yesterday, they won’t care again tomorrow but today they have all the opinions about it. It’s just so disingenuous and transparent with some people.

Not an argument I’ve made in this thread, not one I’m particularly interested in making either and what Jules says sums it up nicely anyway.

I just think that would be the worst solution. It would take money and resources from the other areas and let’s be honest, Womens and girls sports would definitely be impacted more in that case.

Again, totally agree. It’s up to organisations to figure out how to handle this. They are reluctant to go full out ban for societal but also conscientious reasons. It’s impossible to manage without upsetting someone.

1 Like

Has anyone found this kid and cancelled him, yet?

3 Likes